“Fab weekend !”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pentre Halkyn
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Fab weekend !”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just spent weekend at Springfield Hotel what a great time we had, it was my son's wedding so was bound to enjoy, but Paul (the manager) and his staff really helped, from the decision to use the venue for the wedding to the checking out afterwards, things could of not run more smoothly. The rooms were very comfortable and clean, family made use of small swimming pool, there was also sauna and gym. Food and service was excellent, Would definitely use hotel again, Thanks again Paul for all your help.

Room Tip: Rooms are all large and at front of hotel have views over estuary towards Liverpool and Wirral. Only...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Called in for a lunch time bar meal mid-week. Very quiet in the bar and no permanent staff on the bar or serving, all seem to be distracted with other jobs. Did not like the public walking through to the leisure centre while eating. The hotel has lovely views across the estuary towards The Wirral and Liverpool .The food was nice,portions large but ,nothing, exceptional. A tasty burger, but very bland fish and bean chilli. Quite pricey for a bar meal in comparison to other places I have visited. A nice place for holiday makers to stop, but as a local would not visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sue796
Woodford Halse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having lived near Wrexham for 15 years, we were used to driving to Holyhead in a leisurely 2 hours or less for our annual visit to see family and friends. We now live near Daventry so have a 5 hour drive to get there, plus 3 1/2 hours on the ferry and 2 hours driving the other side, a bit too long for my liking. As the Springfield Hotel is just 100 metres from the A55 dual carriageway and just over an hour from Holyhead, we decided to break our journey there and were very pleased we did. We were upgraded to the Executive Suite so had a luxurious stay overlooking open countryside away from any traffic noise. Our booking included meals and we couldn't fault the food at all, both dinner and breakfast were beautifully cooked and presented and delicious as well. The staff were always attentive and friendly and nothing was too much trouble to them. We will make this a regular stop when we travel to Ireland now. Top marks in every respect.

Room Tip: As we were upgraded, I can't comment on other rooms, but if they were anything like the standard...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blancelot44
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was a week to learn to swim and a chill out for my wife,we both achieved that, I would like to thank Steve the instructor for giving me confidence to carry on . There's no messing when you get in the pool its down to getting over your fears and get swimming , he is an excellent instructor . As for the hotel, its welcoming and the staff were accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent food at a reasonable price, I read some reviews and I think people want 5 star out of a 3 star hotel.The service that we got was 5 star ,and I'm sure in time the whole hotel will be re-furbished to a high standard.Thank you for your service. 11/5/14
Billy & Lyn room 10

Room Tip: back of hotel is quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eluned m
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel for 2 nights at the end of April/beginning of May 2014. We were in North Wales to visit a relative who has just moved into the area and to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that we had been upgraded. The executive suite is fantastic and has beautiful views from all 3 rooms - sitting room with tv, beautifully modern bathroom with roll top bath and a separate shower, and a huge bedroom with king size bed, dressing table, wardrobe and kettle. It is really comfortable. The hotel itself is lovely, it seems to be privately owned so has a friendly, personal feel to it. Breakfast was great, swimming pool lovely, plenty of free parking and great views from the bar. I am looking forward to visiting again one day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at the Springfield in Feb with Swim Inns to learn to swim. The staff were really friendly, and helped myself and another learner to calm our nerves over breakfast on the Monday before our first session.
Steve, the swimming instructor was superb. From the first session I could feel my confidence growing - which when you are scared of being in the water is an amazing accomplishment!!
By the end of the week, I had achieved more than I had dreamed possible.
The extra introduction to snorkelling session I had was an excellent way to learn the basics before taking to the open water. This meant I had a truly incredible time on holiday in the Bahamas, and can't wait to go snorkelling again. (My family never believed they would ever hear me say I couldn't wait to go back in the water!!!!)
I swim 2-3 times a week now, and although I am still a bit nervous out of my depth, my confidence continues to grow. All thanks to Steve.
Rooms OK, but could benefit from a freshen up. Breakfast good. All staff friendly. Fabulous location overlooking the estuary

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pentre Halkyn
Beaufort Park Hotel
Holiday Inn A55 - Chester (West)
Travelodge Colwyn Bay
#1 of 1 in Halkyn
The Beaches Hotel
The Beaches Hotel
#2 of 3 in Prestatyn

Been to Springfield Hotel & Health Club? Share your experiences!