Me and my new partner recently managed to snag a late deal for her birthday at the Springfield, I had a limited time to organise it and the hotel had some good recommendations. As I managed to get a good deal on the room we stayed on a Friday and a Saturday evening having originally planned just a Saturday night away. A delay to my partners plan to leave on the dot at 5.30pm from work meant we were behind straight away - I phoned to explain we would be late (arriving at approx. 10.30pm) and was pleasantly surprised by the chirpy receptionist who answered the phone and promptly said it wasn't a problem. On arrival the hotel was busy (there was a school "prom" on) but we checked in quickly and the receptionist I'd spoken to earlier was just as happy and professional as before. We hadn't eaten and it was a shame that the Hotel restaurant had stopped serving, but a quick trip to the local Maccy's was actually pretty acceptable at 11pm. Shortly after midnight we returned and were again greeted with a smile and we made our way up to the room. The room itself was clean and tidy although not particularly modern. There was a decent size bath, something which I'd missed on a couple of recent trips and it was nice that the room was cool on a warm night. We slept well and rose to check out the breakfast, and again the staff were excellent - very friendly, some light hearted banter, and the service was lovely. The breakfast was a buffet style help yourself with cereals, coffee, fruit juice and a nice range of cooked options. I filled myself up and off we went to Chester as I had planned a surprise for the birthday girl! After having a nice shopping trip we returned, freshened up and hit the sauna and fitness suite quickly, including a quick swim in the pool before again changing to eat in the restaurant. We enjoyed a lovely meal which the staff simply added to our room bill and we retired to sample some blackcurrant vodka feeling very full! Again, all the staff were excellent - we felt as if nothing was too much trouble and all had a smile and a friendly banter with us. It came as no surprise that we rose late the following day and checked out, the final bill was reasonable and we both remarked how we'd go again. Very pleased with out stay and once the chance goes to visit again we will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Springfield Hotel & Health Club enjoys fabulous views over the River Dee and has excellent road links to the beautiful Roman city of Chester, North-West England and North Wales. This friendly, comfortable hotel has a fantastic location for those travelling on business or for those exploring the attractions and countryside of North Wales. All of the rooms are comfortable and well equipped with colour freeview television, complimentary hi-speed internet, tea/coffee making facilities and en suite showers and baths. The brand new Health Club opened in March 2011, with facilities including a gym with state-of-the-art equipment, indoor swimming pool and sauna, all of which are entirely free of charge for guests. Free high-speed wireless internet access is now also available throughout the Hotel. The new restaurant and bar offer home-cooked food, made using fresh local produce. We are particularly proud of our food and have many regular customers. Or simply relax in the Bar and take in the stunning views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Springfield Hotel & Health Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springfield Hotel And Health Club
- Springfield Hotel & Health Club Pentre Halkyn, Holywell, Flintshire