Below is an exact copy of the email I sent to Valencia Luxury regarding our 1 week stay at this apartment. I have been assured by Sara at VL that this has been passed to management on more than one occasion; but I am still yet to receive a response (at 02 October 2015). This email is not simply a moan from a moany person.... With my wife and family I have travelled the world and stayed in many places; contributing many times to tripadvisor before. If you book here in search of luxury and comfort you will be disappointed.
On 21/09/15 14:01, Nick Scott-Pinnock wrote:
I wanted to write to you to let you know how disappointed we were with our stay in the Calatrava Vista apartment.
Below is a list of the individual issues we encountered:
1. Unable to access apartment until 5pm due to cleaning ongoing. When travelling with a 4 month old baby this made things really difficult. Apartment was GUARANTEED from 3pm, but this guarantee was not honoured
2. Standard of the cleaning was appalling. We complained while they were on site, but they spoke no english so this was very hard. After the cleaners had left we had to hoover the rugs so our 4 month old baby did not swallow any of the rubbish/dirt on the rugs. The crockery was filthy; we saw the cleaners just wiping used plates with a cloth and putting back in the cupboard; No cleaning products used at all. We had to wash every item ourselves before use. The extractor fan in the kitchen dripped fat onto our food when cooking.
3. The kitchen was very understocked and lacked basic items. We had to ask for more cutlery, glasses and a chopping board to be brought to us; these finally were but were very cheap items; not luxury as your brand suggests. We also had to buy mugs for coffee. There was no beer bottle opener, no scales. The welcome pack had an open bottle of washing up liquid which ruined the entire pack.
4. There was no hairdryer - when requested a very cheap one was supplied.
5. Every night between 5 and 7pm the electricity would cut out multiple times during cooking of dinner. We advised you of this but you stated there were caps in electricity. We had no lights on, no tv or electric items, all doors closed and air conditioning set to 21. This ruined meals.
6. The hot tub was filthy and not as advertised. On first trying to heat it it took 2hrs to raise the water temperature 2 degrees to 27 - this is not hot! This was a great feature we wanted to use, but couldn't due to the state of it.
7. The terrace feature a dead bird that had been there some time and an ash tray full of cigarette butts
8. The toilets released a foul sewage smell
9. The double mattress was incredibly old and needs replacing as it sags in the middle and ruins a nights sleep
10. The entire apartment needs redecoration and deep cleaning as it is tired, worn and dirty. The sofas were so heavily stained it was disgusting.
Overall, you market this apartment as luxury but it is far from luxury. It is basic, understocked and unclean. This was very disappointing and ruined our experience with you.
I look forward to hearing your comments on the above.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|