“Overall a good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Kochi

and 1 more site!
Le Meridien Kochi
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Maradu
“Overall a good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Overall, this was a positive experience. The rooms were large and mine had a good view of the backwaters. However, I stayed on the side that you had to get to by boat, and while novel at first, it got old fast. While it was a nice hotel, I'm not sure it was the quality I expected from a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GraceRMB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I travel a lot, both business and private and I'm a Starwood member, using Starwood proporties a lot. This was a bad experience. Arriving late (around 23 pm) on my business trip with my guests the receptionist (Mr. Rajesh T K) couldn't find my booking. Even after checking on name, confirmation number, Starwood number: nothing. He kept on complaining about other staff. No solution popping up and my guests kept waiting. Only after urging and finally getting angry I got my room and my guests were released of this horrible treatment.

On the accomodaton: this hotel doesn't live up anymore to the promise of a five star and certainly not a Le Meridien. You better settle for about the same money in the Taj Malabar. A nice place, excellent service and real value for money.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wuyck
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Le Meridien Tower (which is not the main hotel building where the front lobby and grand entrance is). The rooms my family stayed at were nice. The boat ride to the Tower can be good or bad. Depends on how you take it. It gives a nice backwater atmosphere but you have to leave your room 5 - 15 minutes earlier to get to the front lobby of the main building. Most amenities are in the main building so it is a bit bothersome to travel 5 - 15 minutes to get there.

The staff were all very friendly. They did forget to make / clean our rooms the first day though so I took away a service point for that.

Everyone in my family had a good sleep. I, on the other hand, was woken up by some clicking noise which I think came from the AC.

There isn't anything around the area, so I wouldnt expect the view from the room to be fantastic.

Its a car ride away from Fort Cochin if that's where you are planning on going. Google it for location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I am an extreme worldwide traveler and I stay in many 4 and 5 star properties. I changed my hotel fom the new Holiday Inn Cochin(only room available a fw months ago and at half the price) and changed to this hotel (rooms became available) for a confernece that was taking place on the premise. What a mistake. This is a dingy and unkept property for such a high price. Upon check-in reception gave me two double beds although a King was booked. After demanding what as promised, they moved me to a much older room with a King. The room was dark, dingy and had a heavy smell of recent bug fumigation. I have no bone to pick here and do not understand the good reviews on this hotel, other than there is a huge difference between the renovated and unrenovated rooms. I m only stating the facts that the staff was very unwilling to accomodate my original request and stuck me in a very expensive and unacceptable room for the money. Take my advise, and dont waste your time or money at this property. FYI, I use this website often and find it useful however I never share my views, although I should start to comment on my many positive travel experiences. This is my first post as I feel this terrible experience warrants sharing with future travellers to Cochin.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bil S
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your valuable feedback on your experience. It is very unfortunate that the hotel and the services during your stay with us did not reflect the quality you expected. Our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We would address the issue and resolve it at the earliest to cater to our guest the best service. We are currently undergoing renovation of the property which is aimed at giving our guest more options and the best product and experience in town. We have few renovated rooms which encompasses the latest design and technology and we have also scheduled the refurbishment of the lobby and our restaurants. We appreciate and understand your comments about the development and well being of the hotel. I am sure you will understand that we have full commitment to provide best services to our valued guests. Thank you again for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

The rooms have been recently renovated and are cozy. The location of the hotel is perfect and the pool and Jacuzzi adds to the hotel s beauty. The ferry service is good too. The best time to be awake is early morning as the property looks fantastic. The service is a little slow, though the staff is very nice. Must try the south indian sea food at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AjitJose, Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your valuable feedback on your experience. Thank you for your kind remarks on our property. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We have taken up your advice seriously and will now give more emphasis on our services to meet the required level of international standards. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

The stay at the hotel was very good! Especially the rooms, which I was told were recently renovated were very cosy and very well done, the bathroom and room separation was lovely. The pool was great with good separation for Kids, Jacuzzi and main pool area. The breakfast was the best of the stay at the hotel as the variety was very good and wide in range from local South Indian cuisine to Continental. Calm surrounding like lake and garden etc.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms facing pool, nice light and view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for taking your time in giving us your valuable feedback on your experience. Thank you for your kind remarks on our property. Your continued patronage and suggestions are a vital part of our growth which will help us progress. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Wish you the best in all your endeavors.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel is located next to one of the Backwater Rivers which I liked the most. It has a main wing on one side of the river and another residential wing on the other bank. There is a ferry service provided by the hotel to move between the main wing and the residential wing (incase one is accommodated there). The ride takes around 10 minutes and is real cool. There is a lot of greenery around the hotel with coconut trees by the thousands. Early morning one can find people fishing on the banks of the backwater river. I tried angling too and was lucky to catch a couple of fishes. Infact the water is quite clear and in the sunshine the fishes can be easily seen. The service at the hotel is a little laid back, but welcoming. I also liked the sea food at the restaurants, especially those prepared in the local Kerala style.

Room Tip: Select a room in the residential complex on the other bank
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maradu
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 29 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,882 reviews
#1 of 1 in Kumbalam
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#23 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)

Been to Le Meridien Kochi? Share your experiences!