Le Meridien Kochi
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Maradu
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here for 03 nights on a business event. The location is very convenient to reach from the airport, right on the same highway, so you avoid getting into city traffic. The resort has a backwater canal passing through the middle, with nicely kept gardens all around. The green palms around the multilevel pool makes for a relaxing experience. My room was in the block on the other side of the canal, and had to be reached by a 5 min boat ride in the back waters. My room was large and airy with big windows offering good views of the backwater. Overall everything in the room gave you a relaxing feeling.

The only thing which needs improvement is the restaurant food and service. On all the three mornings at breakfast I felt that the staff were not trained to handle the rush. The food quality was decent but the service was a let down. The cleanliness was not as per standard and the housekeeping was not bothered.

Because of the location and overall ambience, this is a good option for relaxing with family or on a business trip.

Room Tip: Choose the room with backwater view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback regarding your stay. We are happy to learn that you were able to enjoy the features of the hotel. We apologise for the service issues and thank you for highlighting the same so that we can improve to deliver the best to our guests. I have personally intimated regarding the issue to my team here and made necessary amendments. We are in a transition phase and will soon feature additional facilities to our portfolio. We look forward to your next visit to experience the changes.

Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days.

Location was decent but that's where it ended :(

Dirty corridors.
Sad massages.
No decent food other than sandwiches post 11 pm!

Breakfast spread was good.

Rest of the food was average!

I had a fever and asked for 1 paracetamol from the concierge who brashly told me that he can't and won't organize one for me! I told him I have a fever and he needed to help me out - he said he would get back and then after 30 mins he said he can't!!!

Wake up guys!!! I then went to the Crowne Plaza across the road and asked them and they promptly got me! I am an SPG Gold member on my way to Platinum but this is terrible and is making me rethink my SPG loyalty :(((

Stayed: November 2013
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback on your stay with us. We apologise for the inconveniences caused and I have personally checked regarding the issue with my team here. We have amended few procedures and have taken measures to avoid such situations in future. The hotel is under a transition phase and will soon embrace world class service styles for our guests and will also feature two new food and beverage signature venues, Latest Recipe and Longitude 76in the next 2 weeks. We thank you for your genuine feedback which enable us to improve and make necessary changes wherever necessary. It is unfortunate that our service standards did not meet your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to experience the changes, till then we wish you the best in all your discoveries around the globe.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

A brilliant expansive hotel....nothing negative except the fact that due to renovation a section was closed..
Great Service and overall a great experience..
I especially liked their in house coupons that allowed us to use some facilities for free.

Room Tip: Choose the front middle room on top floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Located on a large site on the backwaters, the Meridien Kochi provides for a comfortable stay. Do recommend paying the extra for the Club floor rooms, as it includes airport transfer (which can take over an hour depending on traffic) and use of the lounge. Rooms are well appointed. Was there for a conference and is ideal for that, with a proper raked auditorium available (although the Hotel needs to replace the chairs ASAP - they are uncomfortable and feels like if you are seated in a Ryanair flight if the person in front reclines.) Would not stay here if on vacation - Fort Cochin and Willingdon Island provide for much better "holiday" hotels.

Room Tip: Club rooms facing the backwaters
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. We thank you for your recommendations and positive comments. This will enable us to improve our services and product. We are renovating our lobby and food and beverage venues featuring world class services and we request you to come back and experience the changes. We look forward to your next visit till then we wish you the best in all your discoveries around the globe.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

been there last week after 4 years...I was just about the only guest...and there was an on-going refurbishment coming to completion...well it looked astonishing...the new restaurant and the staff great...lets home guests will followed otherwise it want be any fun!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank potamos
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We thank you for your positive comments on the refurbishment at the hotel which is truly encouraging and motivating. We look forward to your next visit to experience the changes till then we wish you the very best in all your discoveries around the globe.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I havent stayed in this hotel. This is for the restaurant.

I frequently travel to Cochin to meet clients and I happened to visit this hotel for lunch. Being a top class hotel in Cochin, I expected the food to be above average but I was disappointed. I expect my food to be hot and spicy and the food I ordered was not upto the mark. Frankly it was a bit bland for my taste.

A foreigner may appreciate the food but for a native of kerala, the spice content was too low. The waiter was very professional and nice but I felt he should have informed the chef as I had asked for a very spicy version of the dish I ordered.

Overall, I wasn't satisfied.

1  Thank Jacob A
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and feedback. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused during the dining experience. I have discussed the concern with my team here and have taken necessary steps to rectify such situations in future. We have renovated the hotel to deliver the best services to all our guests. We thank you for your feedback and we wish you the very best in all your discoveries around the globe.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed in Kochi for a business convention. The room was very nice, large and comfortable. Had a good view overlooking the swimming pool and lawns. Part of the hotel was under renovation, but hardly felt it. Excellent buffet breakfast, enjoyed the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Opt for a room on a higher floor overlooking the swimming pool side
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Saji J, General Manager at Le Meridien Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your patronage and feedback. We thank you for your kind remarks however we regret the inconvenience caused due to our renovation which is to provide the best product and service to all our guests soon. We are adding two new food and beverage venues and a renewed lobby by end of this month. We look forward to your next visit to experience the change.

Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maradu
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#8 of 223 in Kochi (Cochin)
4 mi away
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#12 of 223 in Kochi (Cochin)
Ramada Resort Cochin
Ramada Resort Cochin
#1 of 1 in Kumbalam

Been to Le Meridien Kochi? Share your experiences!