“nice”
Review of Crowne Plaza Kochi

Crowne Plaza Kochi
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maradu
Reviewed 12 June 2013

its was very nice and good hotel the pepole thaear was very help and want ton servie you with any thing just to help you and location was good food eas very good with nice resturant there
the view was nice you can see the hall city from there

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank alrimy
sanjoy_mishra, Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed you stay in Kochi with Crowne Plaza Kochi and thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay and our staff. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sanjoy Mishra
Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We checked into the hotel on a Saturday ... Reception was very good. I had my family with me and that included my 2 year old son who totally enjoyed walking all around the place. The only thing that did not match up is their security staff. No one speaks English or the local language plus they did not know actually what they were doing.
One thing I can suggest to Crowne Plaza, Kochi is to install door stoppers at every door cause I had to hold the door open while the bell boy unloaded my luggage. Weird !

Room Tip: Choose the pool view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ronyknm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed you stay in Kochi with Crowne Plaza Kochi and thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay and our staff. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation about the language barrier of Security team members and door stopper are well received and corrective measures have been taken for the same. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sanjoy Mishra
Asst. Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2013

restaurant have an excellent ambience and good service. Truly international. The cake ordered for my daughters birthday from their aromaz was one of the best we had. Overall a highly satisfying experience for me and my family.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Prasanthjm
Amit R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Mr Prasant,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed you dining experience in with Crowne Plaza Kochi we thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Director Room

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I enjoyed staying here... everything is perfect right from location to rooms to courtious staff and positive environment... shall prefer staying here in future as well. Few services are yet to be operational, but didnt really miss them... all in all a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ASH_AEREN

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed with my daughter in this newly built Crowne Plaza last month for a night to attend a wedding in our family. I really got fascinated with the view of this high rise hotel that was seen as we approached Cochin. Check-in was very courteous and smooth. They have some lovely young front office team on their heels to welcome and take care of your needs while check in. Rooms are large enough and majestic in look. Room service was fast and the food ordered to the room was delicious and well presented. Breakfast spread was a good mix of Indian, continental and arabic too. Food at wedding reception too was great. Though some of the staff members are seem to be in the grooming stage, over all they are friendly and polite. WIFI was free and fast. They have an excellent Gym, swimming pool and health club though I did not find time to use any. A good option to try in Cochin.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Prasad P

Dear Mr Prasad,

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is such a fresh experience from the others in Kerala.This happened to be my second stay,and I believe it was even better than the last.The first occasion was on the 30th April and I stayed for two nights.Everything was right starting with the online booking I had made;and the clarifications I requested on the phone was handled with such alacrity and efficiency by a young lady called Sukanhya(if my memory serves me right) that I was left astounded.My check in later in the day was handled by charming lady called Amrita,so professionally,and who had such in depth knowledge of the hotel and its facilities -I was left wondering whether I was in Kerala and this country too.
The rooms were bright and well provided and I was upgraded to rooms with a view of the backwaters on both occasions.A very nice touch!
The gym is well provided but the main pool on the ground floor is yet to be activated.They have a wonderful Spa and I had a totally unusual and different experience when I undertook a massage(on my second stay starting from the 7th May)which resulted in one of the deepest slumber I have had post treatment
Coming to the food-It was simply great.I have dined at their signature restaurant thrice and each occasion seemed better than the last.My meal last evening brought back memories of a different era.I actually felt like the critic cut down to size( if you remember the the movie Ratatouille)with my first mouthful.The young man Vivekananda Mishra is astounding in his knowledge of food and to attending to his guests preferences.
The hotel is still rather new and needs a few minor embellishments and there are a few rough edges which I presume will be eventually be smoothened out.The fact is that this property does indeed stand from the other big names in the hospitality business in Kerala which have become rather jaded,run of the mill and tend to take their guests for granted.
My best wishes to the team running the hotel.They have a genuine zest for their job and my request to them is not to allow the work ethics of this state to pervade and cause them to join the rest of the herd.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 330Flyingcat
Amit R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Kochi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel. The place is beautiful. The restaurant has an amazing ambience and staff,very helpful and pleasing personalities.
The dining experience is really good.i would say a perfect place for a family outing..
The soups I would say are the best in ernakulam. I would say this because many hep places like holiday inn, cgh earth had very poor soups.
The starters I would say lack imagination. Kebabs and tikkas with no attitude. Tasted quite bland.
The salad section was refreshing and quite good.
The mains man in here is always confusing and disappointing
Not everyone eats mutton and out of the 5 non veg dishes 3 were mutton and 1 was stir fried beef which tasted awful. To top it all the only fish dish was basa which tastes and smells like egg..
One of the veg dishes was yam( again a bad choice of a vegetable) and was bland
The only reason I came here a second time was the desserts. It was amazing then and I am glad to say it is still great..
So anyone planning a dinner here I would say.. Definitely drink the soup.. Starters may be.
Eat your salads, skip the mains and feast on the desserts..
And at the eat always have their green tea..
I would still come back just for the experience.i wish they put some effort on the mains..

Room Tip: Skip the mains..feast on the dessert
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank drlinjos

Dear Drlinjos,

Director Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maradu
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#1 of 30 in Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 219 in Kochi (Cochin)
Holiday Inn Cochin
Holiday Inn Cochin
#2 of 30 in Ernakulam
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Radisson Blu Kochi
Radisson Blu Kochi
#4 of 30 in Ernakulam
Courtyard by Marriott Kochi Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Kochi? Share your experiences!