“must visit”
Review of Banjaar Tola

Banjaar Tola
Reviewed 26 January 2014

it is truly a must visit property specially the bathroom is amazing with fairly good size rooms. The balcony is amazing just overlooking the river. The property is situated right in the core jungle which really gives an experience of a national park.

Room Tip: a must stay place if you visit kanha national park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank parikshit2014

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was on a group tour in mid-November 2013 that stayed at the Banjaar Tola Kanha tented camp. I can't speak highly enough about the staff, the service, the food, and wonderful location. You are in a heavenly oasis.

The round cabins are extremely spacious and modern inside, with huge bathrooms. Every time we returned to the cabin we found that it had been serviced again -- with fresh towels etc. The service was excellent -- definitely five stars out of 5.

All the staff, including the general manager, really seemed to make a special effort to get to know their guests and take the time to speak with them. This includes the guides who escorted us to the park to search for tigers and other wildlife. They were Knowledgeable, friendly and attentive.

The food was superb and extremely plentiful. Bring your appetite!

If you are planning a trip to Kanha National Park don't stay anywhere else! It is an amazing experience to stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a view of the river, and a wonderful private balcony, are superb.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank allthedifference
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Awesome and Hyper Personal ! are the words to describe Banjaar Tola Experience. A perfect blend of Taj Hospatility and 'and Beyond' experience.

We had driven down from Pune (~1100 kms) and the experience was worth the effort. Hospitality and Luxury starts from the moment you arrive- the hot towels, the warm drink and continues through departure. Rooms with the spa like bathrooms are impeccable. The staff super courteous and always ready to help!

Food is great!- the best part is that you could ask for (almost) anything and the chef will cook it up! Special Thank you to Amit ( Camp Manager), Pradeep ( our Naturalist), Hemraj ( our Butler) and Ajit ( the chef).

If you are driving from Nagpur take the Seoni ( Bypass)- Balaghat- Lamta- Paraswada- Baihar- Mukki route. The other routes that show up on MapMyIndia and Google Maps are horrible.

Taj Booking could have made our drive to Banjaar Tola much more enjoyable, had they replied to my emails for direction.

Room Tip: We stayed in the East Camp and every room has great view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BhaskarThakur
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and i visited banjaar tola between Nov 29 and Dec 3 2013. The luxuriou pampering starts from the time they greet you at the entrance with a cold towel and welcome drink, and a butler excorts you to you room. The rooms are amazing and every attention to detail is taken care of. We arrived at a rather late hour for lunch, yet the chef was willing to cook anything special we would like.
The safari drives are amazing, with warm blankets and hand warmers to keep you comfortable. Every need of yours is attended to. Their naturalists are extremely well trained, and are as excited to see wildlife as you are. If you are lucky, you might even have a tiger walk next to you onyour safari drive or bare his teeth for your camera!
All in all... a trip to Paradise and back!

Room Tip: Be prepared for a long drive from the nearest airport. Also book your safaris well in advance. The l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was my second stay at Banjaar Tola as a sole traveller. The trip was organised by Devika Surie, &Beyond, India who cannot be faulted in her ability to piece together an imaginative, exciting and interesting journey which encompasses so many experiences and insights into what I consider to be the most magical and mysterious country. Banjaar Tola was my last destination. As before, two years ago, it was beyond expectations. The tented accommodation is luxurious, clean and tasteful. The food is an experience in itself; many thanks to the chef. The staff are all courteous, kind and respectful. Guests are made to feel at home in a relaxed comfortable setting. You are encouraged to feel part of the group but at the same time allowed to spend time on your own. Access to the park is near to the lodge; game drives are in jeeps. Blankets, gloves and hot water bottles for the cold mornings are very welcome. Breakfast is prepared according to your preference. Following dinner you are accompanied to your tent by your own butler, in my case Dee Dee. Beds are heated with heated blankets. On your last evening a hot bath awaits your return. To add icing to the cake I saw 6 tigers in 3 days. I cannot speak too highly of &Beyond as an organisation and Banjaar Tola as a lodge. God willing I will be back !!! In the meantime I extend my thanks to Devika, Hari, Dee Dee and Yugdeep.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We did our first National forest trip with family this year to Kanha National park and stayed at the Banjaar Tola Taj Resort. Must say that it was a dream experience and could not have asked for more !
The Resort: Excellent ! The Rooms were fabulous with every luxury you could think of, hot water, shower, bath tub with tons of bath salts and soap (were so good !). Bed was perfect. The decor was organic which flowed very well with the beautiful river facing outdoors..
Although the rooms were big sized tents, the temperature was so well controlled. Even though it was cold outside, the heaters would always be turned on in time and we would always come back to a cozy comfy room from our outdoor activities.Loved it. Full marks to Taj !

Service: Impeccable service, great staff ! Our Butler Hemraj did an excellent job. He would always have a calm smile on his face and would always be ready to serve all our needs.. Chef Amit was amazing. He cooked such good food. It would almost feel like we are eating home food. We would never feel stuffed after 3 course meals which was great as we could enjoy the forest without falling asleep :)
The Chef also cooked a chinese meal on our request which was exquisite..
The onsite Manager, Amit Singhvi was such a nice person. He made sure that we got a personalized experience at all times. Awesome !!! Hats off to that. We have never experienced such hospitality and personalized service in all our vacations we have had so far. Keep it up Taj !!

Naturalist: Our Naturalist Rajnish Pradhan was brilliant. He gave us a great introduction to wildlife and coached us on how to appreciate wildlife, nature, birds and animals. He had great knowledge of the forest and wildlife which was reflected in his confidence. He was friendly and had a good sense of humor.We did not get bored at all on the 2 6hr safari drives we took with him. He was a great enthusiast in wildlife photography as well..

In all, was a wonderful experience. It will be etched in our memories forever ! A BIG Thank you to Banjaar Tola and Taj Safaris..

Room Tip: East Side Rooms 8 and 9 had an aswesome river view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed at Banjaar Tola 5-7 November, 2013. In a sentence, the good reviews are accurate and the few bad ones, in my view and based on my experience and learning about this property, are simply not true. The bad reviews bugged me enough to consider changing my trip routing to skip Banjaar Tola, even though I was already in India when they were posted. I can say in hindsight that would have been a huge mistake. I am very glad I stuck with the plan. And after having read the negative reviews and now having been there, I wanted to comment immediately on my experience. First, I travel to India often, all for vacation, 2 or 3 times a year since 2009, and have stayed many times in many locations with Taj properties throughout India (and even in South Africa) including on this particular trip Rambagh Palace Jaipur and now Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai. And the very high level of professional and attentive service I have come to appreciate and value from the Taj was certainly evident at Banjaar Tola, at all levels, staff and management, top to bottom. They did their very best to manage what turned into a tricky trip due to a much delayed Air India flight from Delhi to Jabalpur that resulted in me arriving at Banjaar Tola around 12:30 am. Which meant I was too tired for the scheduled all day safari starting at 5:30 am and then, unfortunately, also arrived with a stomach bug (not acquired there) that had me down for that whole day. But they took excellent care of me, and the room was exactly perfect for relaxing even if sick. The second day, when I was feeling a bit better, I was able to get out for an afternoon safari and also explore the place a bit. And specifically went to check out the pool among others things. It was perfectly fine, the traveler photos I saw on TA are accurate. Had I felt better and had it been wam enough, I would have taken a swim. Perhaps next trip because I will be back. A few tips about this place: (1) safaris with the lodge naturalists and vehicles must be arranged well in advance due to park permit restrictions, so don't be disappointed if you wait to the last minute and it is not possible. In my case, I did not wait to the last minute and had reservations for three safaris with the lodge, but due to the Air India fiasco and getting sick, missed two of them, However, Banjaar Tola tried its best to arrange another for me, and eventually was able to do so. The lodge jeep vehicles are far superior to the other ones I saw due to the three/four tier seating and of course the naturalist was great (2). It is true that the chef will cook whatever you want. My sense was that if you are not Indian, they make it really bland, so if you like a higher level of spice, just tell them and it will happen. (3). There is no easy or short way to get to or from there, at least from Delhi or Mumbai. I flew into Jabalpur (5 hours to reach once landed and in car) and out of Nagpur (6.5 hours to reach airport from Banjaar Tola) Of these, I strongly recommend Jabalpur as the road is slightly better (although basically pretty bad) so given those conditions, shorter relatively speaking is better. Most important advice, regardless which airport, plan to arrive no later than 1 pm and depart no earlier than 5 pm, and then cross your fingers that plane is not cancelled or repeatedly delayed, traffic is manageable, etc, etc -- the usual things to consider when traveling in India. And even if everything goes according to plan, count on a very long travel day each way, so I would not stay fewer than 3 nights (3). I had no problem whatsoever with ready and plentiful hot water, which was specially appreciated when I was sick as a hot shower and bath helped. It is also true that when you get back from safari in early evening, there is a hot bubble bath drawn without asking, the perfect thing to take off the chill as it does get cold (to my surprise). (4). MASSAGE! Highly recommended, excellent therapist who brings very comfortable table to your room / deck. Perfect way to relax after long drive, safari, etc. (5). The tents are great, including great bathrooms, which are not really highlighted at all on Banjaar Tola website The traveler photos that I looked at on TA are accurate, I would post my own but they are the same as those already posted. (6). Heating and AC both work very well, although at least this time of year neither are really needed, just open the big sliding glass door. (7). Everything was meticulously clean and up to Taj standards. (8). There is a standard (actually bit larger) size in room fridge with all kinds of non-booze beverages, and they appeared have a full assortment of beer, wine, spirits, etc., and will bring you whatever you ask for. My bottom line: it is a great place and I will be back. My one small recommendation to Banjaar Tola is to consider getting wifi in the rooms, or at least in the satellite kitchens.

Room Tip: I had room five on east side and it was great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo