“I love this hot spring town”
Review of Shibu Onsen

Shibu Onsen
Perth, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“I love this hot spring town”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I really love the idea of having 9 public baths to try out in this onsen town!
Unfortunately, staying there for only 2 nights didn't give us enough time to try all of them!
Because we also wanted to try the onsen in our ryokan, and our main aim was to visit the Jigokunodani Snow Monkey Park.

People in this town are really nice and helpful and having a walk in this town in winter was just wonderful!
We managed to eat the best ramen I ever had in my life! Made by a grandma who has run the business for like over 20-30 years!
And we bought some buns and local delicacies from a local bakery that were so yummy~!!

I definitely will come back to Shibu Onsen again to try all the 9 public baths and eat the yummy ramen again =D

Visited December 2011
11 Thank yu_take

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Small town with 9 hot springs - all different!”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

It's a nice little town in the mountains to visit for its 9 municipal hot tubs scattered around a couple of narrow streets. You can get a stamp for each bath you visit (there are no attendants) and each bath has a different mineral composition meant to cure various diseases, as well as different temperatures - all really hot though! I couldn't get into 1 or 2, they were just too hot but take it slowly and you'll manage most of them. The male and female baths are separate but frequently there's just a thin separating wall and my husband and I could talk through it :). Lovely little town - not much else to do there (there are some classes you can take but in winter it's mostly shut), worth 1-2 days. There's a bus from yudanaka rail station but you'll probably need help figuring out timetables and routes - best to have your hotel pick you up from there.

Visited February 2012
3 Thank UK_Traveller3000
Gold Coast
337 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Fantastic walk in a winter night”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The main street of Shibu Onsen is like a magical place with street lights twinkling, snow falling and on either side of the street there are numerous onsens. A must experience.

Visited February 2012
4 Thank Eaa1947
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Town”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Go for a walk around town, its a beautiful place. I went early in the morning when a troup of monkeys were looking for breakfast, antics a lot of fun to watch, and they made off with a fair bit of stolen property

Visited November 2011
3 Thank larahartmann
Newcastle, Australia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“plenty to do in your day visit”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Lots of small shops and 9 different onsens to experience (all free when you stay in Shibu Onsen)

Visited April 2012