My partner and I spent two nights in Yudanaka and were overwhelmed with how gracious the Hosts are and cannot speak highly enough of them.
The rooms were warm, cosy and out of this world.
We arrived and spoke to them. They recommended to spend the day in Obuse (which is a great suggestion for any pending travellers and we ate chestut ice-cream) and the next day to have an early morning start at the Snow monkeys and the evening in a private onsen. We were dropped off at the Snow Monkeys by them for no extra charge and also dropped off at the Private Onsen on the snow (that they had booked for us).
They were absolutely fantastic with explaining (even in fragmented English, which was much better than our Japanese) or local places to eat and visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When requested, we provide free 'on-demand' shuttle services to andfrom the Shimaya Ryokan to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and theYudanaka train station. If you have heavy luggage, please notify usin advance so we can help you. We are also happy to offer suggestionsabout local restaurants and attractions.At our hotel, you can enjoy our public Onsen (hot spring bath) filledwith 100% natural hot spring water. On weekdays, our Onsen can bereserved for private use by families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shimaya Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Shimaya Ryokan Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi