My favourite memory from my trip to Japan was taking the train from Tokyo to Nagano then Nagano to Yudanaka -arriving by train in the small moutain village with thick white snow covering everything was amazing! The helpful info centre staff checked me in to the Shimaya Ryokan.Mr and Mrs Shimaya were wonderful hosts, they have been running the hotel for many years. My room was a traditional room, with futon, and low table. There was nice hot green tea waiting. The dining room was a blast from the past with 70s style jukebox and piano. I'm a vegetarian but that was no problem, the food was devine! After visiting the snow monkeys guests can enjoy a steamy osen (hotspring) back at the hotel. I loved it wish I could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When requested, we provide free 'on-demand' shuttle services to andfrom the Shimaya Ryokan to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and theYudanaka train station. If you have heavy luggage, please notify usin advance so we can help you. We are also happy to offer suggestionsabout local restaurants and attractions.At our hotel, you can enjoy our public Onsen (hot spring bath) filledwith 100% natural hot spring water. On weekdays, our Onsen can bereserved for private use by families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Shimaya Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Shimaya Ryokan Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi