We stayed at the Shimaya Ryokan for one night in July 2006. The ryokan itself is hilariously seventies with the old phones in the rooms, wallpapers and furniture but it also is very clean and the owner is a lovely man. He took us to a beautiful, private hot springs on the mountains (15 min drive from the ryokan) and to the monkey park and also picked us up. This was all free of charge. He also recommended great local places to eat. This kind of genuine friendliness made our stay truely memorable and we highly recommend Shimaya.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When requested, we provide free 'on-demand' shuttle services to andfrom the Shimaya Ryokan to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and theYudanaka train station. If you have heavy luggage, please notify usin advance so we can help you. We are also happy to offer suggestionsabout local restaurants and attractions.At our hotel, you can enjoy our public Onsen (hot spring bath) filledwith 100% natural hot spring water. On weekdays, our Onsen can bereserved for private use by families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Shimaya Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Shimaya Ryokan Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi