This city is really cute. People are nice and friendly. Room is clean and neat. In the morning of the next day we have to go to Nagano station to catch the first train but there was no train at Yamanouchi that can make us reach Nagano to the catch the first train but the owner is really nice she drive us to the train station near by the city where we can get on train and can be reach Nagano to catch the first train. The food in this city is really delicious,too. I went to a japanese restaurant and the owner of the restaurant offer us nice sweet and the owner also drive us back to Shimaya Ryokan. Totally I think this Ryokan is not just a Ryokan but I feel like home..Thank you to the owner and his daughter,Ayako
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When requested, we provide free 'on-demand' shuttle services to andfrom the Shimaya Ryokan to the Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park and theYudanaka train station. If you have heavy luggage, please notify usin advance so we can help you. We are also happy to offer suggestionsabout local restaurants and attractions.At our hotel, you can enjoy our public Onsen (hot spring bath) filledwith 100% natural hot spring water. On weekdays, our Onsen can bereserved for private use by families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, HostelWorld, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Shimaya Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shimaya Ryokan Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Shimaya Ryokan Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi