I didn't even stay at the Ryokan but I met Yuki (the owner) at the monkey park. I missed my bus back to the station and she offered to give me a lift. But first she offered to buy a 'Ninja stick' (delicious rice treat) as a way of showing me the region. Then she asked what I had planned for the day and I mentioned I was going to onsen near the station and she said she owned an onsen near the station and was happy to let me use it free of charge. So I went and at this stage I was overcome with gratitude but still a little weary. Then I was shown the onsen and left in peace. Oh but the onsen was no standard run of the mill onsen, it was on the top of the hotel with an incredible view and this view could be seen from a very stylish and traditional tub. Had I known of this place before coming to Nagano I would have definitely stayed a few nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Japanese Experience including Tatami Rooms & Magical Ryokan Dinner & Breakfast. A limited number of rooms have Westerner Orientated Beds. You'll feel the pride of Yudanaka's Mineral Springs in our 100% Natural Overflowing-Non-recycled HotSprings. Our staff will show a Ryokan tradition in an international atmosphere. Book the private 9th floor rooftop HotSpring Tub for your Floating Sake dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ryokan Biyunoyado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi