For photos of Biyu No Yado, please visit:
I am an onsen aficionado, traveled extensively through Japan and I’ve found the ultimate onsen inn called the Biyu No Yado ryokan in Yudanaka. I cannot say enough about the staff, their service, superior, gourmet meals and proprietress Yuki-san who is the heart and soul of the inn. She speaks perfect English and gives totally of herself to make it a memorable stay for her guests.
My husband and I stayed at the Biyu No Yado with friends from Hawaii. There were no boundaries to Yuki San's generosity. I was overwhelmed when she had her staff driver Shane take me on a free tour of Yudanaka town. Shane dropped me off at the Jigokudani Monkey Mountain first, and at a designated time, he picked me up to see the Nagano Olympic Museum and Shiga Koen while my husband and friends were golfing.
It was mid afternoon when Shane suggested I hike up to a nearby hill near the ryokan to see the giant Heiwa Kannon Buddha (Goddess of Mercy) emerging against the colorful background of fall. It was a breathtaking view. There were lots to do and see in one day at Yudanaka. After the hike, I was ready to relax in the onsen. There were 2 onsens; one inside and the other outside called a rotemburo.
Dinner was a kaiseki meal consisting of Shinshu beef grilled in butter at the table with fresh mushrooms we picked off of a bark on which the mushrooms were growing on. The presentation of the entrees was a spectacular visual experience. The array of appetizers and entrees tasted exquisite. The Biyu No Yado will always be our home away from home as it exceeded all of my expectations as a first class, unforgettable ryokan. I would highly recommend this ryokan for an experience of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Japanese Experience including Tatami Rooms & Magical Ryokan Dinner & Breakfast. A limited number of rooms have Westerner Orientated Beds. You'll feel the pride of Yudanaka's Mineral Springs in our 100% Natural Overflowing-Non-recycled HotSprings. Our staff will show a Ryokan tradition in an international atmosphere. Book the private 9th floor rooftop HotSpring Tub for your Floating Sake dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Rakuten, Odigeo, Agoda and JAPANiCAN so you can book your Ryokan Biyunoyado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Hotel Yamanouchi-Machi
- Ryokan Biyunoyado Japan/Nagano Prefecture - Yamanouchi-Machi