“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Springfield Hotel Marple
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marple
Springfield Hotel Marple
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marple
England
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed here for one night in July 2012, and it was truly awful, all down to the horrific host 'Kevin'. He was rude, impolite and seemed annoyed by our stay! The rooms themselves are adequate, no complaints. Would not stay here again, and not recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
48 Thank lilJoJo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed at the Springfield Hotel on Sunday 29th and Monday 30th July with my Mum and Dad, as my Dad was working in Marple and has stayed there before. As it is the school holidays I went along with him. Overall, I was impressed about the hotel. The rooms were clean, comfortable and very well furnished. Kevin was a very pleasent person with very interesting things to say. You are guaranteed a laugh with him. Breafast was one of the best I have tasted.The hotel also had a very good selection of books downstairs for guests to read, which I thought was a very good idea. I would recommend the Springfield hotel, and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mark190728
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

It's a while back now, but arriving from Devon late on a sunday in February the owner had already advised me that they might not be in. But no worries, everything had been set up for my arrival and I was soon in my room unpacking. I was in the area for a family funeral and some local business, A good night's sleep, good breakfast, parking at the end of the garden. Over breakfast Kevin was very helpful with some local information I needed. Just a shame I couldn't have spent some time looking round the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The hotel is indeed value for money: clean and has good facilities. Elaine is more than welcoming and a wonderful host. However, her husband Kevin is an overwhelming owner who feels it necessary to interfere with every scrap of conversation- whether it's directed at him or not. We found ourselves whispering in the communal areas to try and avoid him. The noisy dog from next door would not stop barking, despite Kevin's promises to quieten it, at all hours.
All in all, the hotel would be far better without Kevin. He ruined our stay with his overbearing, arrogant and interfering manner. Not going back.

• Stayed July 2011
57 Thank QualityQueens
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel would get my vote every time,, spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The rooms are well equipped with spacious en suite bathrooms,don't believe the review about cramped bathrooms that person must live in a mansion. Breakfast was lovely in the modern clean dining room,and the proprietors were unobtrusive but there if you needed them.very pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Julieann64
carrickfergus
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights with my sister in March 2012 as we have family in the area.
No problems here, no complaints whatsoever.
Kevin is a delight - so is Elaine.
Good Luck to both of them for the future.

Room Tip: Corner site. Front windows overlook the park, back windows overlook a lovely avenue.