“Kind of odd, but in a really good way.”

Oakfield Lodge Guest House
Ranked #1 of 1 Marple B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Oakfield Lodge doesn't feel like a Hotel - it's like someone's home - which I suppose it is!On our arrival, Our Hosts coped well - we turned up at the same time as a fairly large group of people who'd been on the same train as us, and we all needed sorting out. Our room was huge and spotlessly clean, with splendid views. Breakfast was great, and it was nice chatting to other guests.
What used to be a guest lounge has become a bedroom, but the weather was glorious so we sat in the garden with the papers. Nice play area, but I wouldn't have let my kids use the paddling pool.
Lorraine was very helpful re directions to Church, and we were allowed to leave our bags in the office and collect them after Mass [well after check-out time] - another plus.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not in the basement at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Margaret F

Reviewed 24 June 2013

the whole family stayed here to attend my nephews wedding at bramhall hall. it was great for a big party as there were over 20 of us. Rooms 1, 2 and 3 were lovely big and with fabulous views. the other rooms tiny but ok so we could all be in one place. Breakfast was nice and tasty and we were all able to eat together. I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank howesmandy
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

The lodge is a big old rambling house with loads of character and fantastic views from the rear. Lorraine the lady owner makes you feel very welcome and relaxed.
My room was huge, very clean and tidy.
Breakfast is served in a nicely laid out room with large tables so that you can get to know people and was a good fry up.
Outside is a bus stop for regular buses either to Stockport or the train station is literally round the corner with a good service to Manchester.
Overall very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Tone8906
Reviewed 12 May 2013

When I rang to book the room; Lorraine was very helpful and friendly. Service whilst we were there was good. Breakfast was substantial, offering a wide choice. The room was clean and comfortable. The location is ecxcellent and the views are beautiful. A very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel have amazing views of the countryside!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at this B&B for three nights by myself in early February as a getaway from life's hussle and bussle. I really enjoyed myself and found it an over all good choice. With some small changes I wold happily come back and also recommend this to friends. It is conveniently located close to both bus stop and the train station and within easy walking distance to the small town.
The house is amazing and my room was nice, big and very clean, with amazing views, but also a bit on the bare side and could have done with a bit more love. There was no mirror and being a woman I felt I missed being able to check myself before going out. However, the biggest problem was the bed. Although a nice size, it was well past it use by date.
The breakfast had a good variety but when asked if I wanted anything from the menu it was done in a way that made me feel that I would be putting them out if I'd said yes.
There was a lounge that more felt like a random collection of left overs of furniture and games. Unfortunately it was mostly closed but I found a very nice sofa to spend a few hours on.
This gave me the opportunity to get to know the owner and her son who were very helpful and nice people. It's a shame they didn't show this side in their service. Maybe working in a similar role I pick up on these things more easily than others, but I do feel that the only thing standing in the way of this B&B getting a very high score is showing that nice, friendly, smiling, welcoming attitude through out the service, and maybe some new beds.
I'm giving this B&B a three star rating with an extra half star for the wonderful house. With some more love put in to their service I would easily add one more star and with some updated rooms and better bed this would be a five star to me.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Emoni H
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed her 2 months ago, its a lovely place to stay and well located, the hosts were superb and the breakfast was excellent, we only planned to stay 2 days but ended up staying a whole week ! Marple itself is a wonderful place to visit especially if you like walking, we spent hours walking around the place and in fact we go back again very soon, all in all very good value for money, clean and as I said Lorraine and Spencer were superb hosts, I would recomend this place very highly

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smudger888
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night, then came back for an additional 2 at the end of our trip. This is a great place to stay and is close to nice pubs, restaurants and places to walk. The owners dog was a big plus too!

Thanks for a great trip Lorraine and Spencer!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsy221
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marple
3 mi away
Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel
No photo provided
The Ring O' Bells
#1 of 1 in Marple

Been to Oakfield Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!