“Eat somewhere else first” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pentre Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llangrannog
Pentre Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Llangrannog B&B and Inns
Llanarth
“Eat somewhere else first”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

All potatoes contain substances known as glycoalkaloids. The most common in potatoes are solanine and chaconine. Solanine is the toxic substance found in deadly nightshade which indicates the potential seriousness of eating uncooked potatoes which are, in any case, hard to digest and unpleasantly flavoured.
I went here for a Valentines Day meal with my Wife.
I had to send my meal back as the boiled potatoes were not cooked. A second plate arrived and the same again, half cooked potatoes. They offered a third plate, but by then they had ruined my appitite, and and the romantic evening, and I refused to eat anything further.
When I went to pay, I was met with hostility by the barman who was quite nasty towards me.
I have never been treated so badly eating anywhere else, and what ever happened to "The customer is ALWAYS right". I have been in and around catering for many years and cannot recall anywhere that had such a bad attitude, No genuine apology of any kind given or any reduction offered. Only the cook who rattled on about "how fluffy her potatoes were".!!!

If you want a lovely meal with a nice atmosphere "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE"

Room Tip: Eat somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Richard B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just popped in for a swift half and found the bar man to be pleasant and attentive. The pub was very clean and well looked after. The owners obviously take pride and have an eye for detail. Wonderful location over looking the sea. I could have stayed all day! Beer was excellent and our little Westie was made welcome (very rare in Britain as we have forgotten we are supposed to be a nation of dog lovers)
I asked if dogs were allowed in the bedrooms and yes they are. We are serously thinking of coming here to stay
Over all very pleasant

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 444westie
Hambon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed here for a night between the Xmas/New Year period as I was driving through Wales to meet up with friends for New Year. Llangrannog is a beautiful coastal village and a great place to drop anchor at any time of the year. The Pentre Arms is the only pub in the village to offer accommodation. The pub itself is a no-frills local pub, which is absolutely fine if you like that sort of thing (I do) but probably not advisable if you are looking for somewhere romantic/relaxing - it is essentially a good local boozer in an idylic location with rooms above it.

My room was fairly basic, not even an en suite but spacious with a flat-screen TV, twin beds and a sink. The toilets and showers were nearby and were all clean. I don't think it was very full when we stayed, so queueing wasn't an issue in the morning but might be at peak season. So all in all, a comfortable if basic stay - but at £45 a night (and that was between two of us) it really is as good as can be expected. All the staff were very welcoming and it proved to be an excellent place to lay our heads for the night.

My only minor gripe would be the quality of the breakfast - very cheap/poor quality sausages and bacon which let it down somewhat. That said, at the price, again I can't complain but would rather have paid a little more for the room and have that refelcted in the quality of the breakfast.

Room Tip: I would recommend going for an en suite room if available.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Hambon
Seaham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Went for a meal to this pub, set in idyllic surroundings of a beautiful little secluded bay....a real piece of paradise! Nice home cooked meal, we ate the vegetarian lasagne and steak, both were very nice. Good value and a nice local pub with a good selection of drinks. i would recommend this quaint little pub.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel whilst walking The Ceredigion Way long distance path. It ideally located right on route, my room, a single en-suite was very modern,clean and comfortable. I had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. Breakfast was also excellent. All in all good value for money

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2011

The rooms at the Pentre Arms are good value for money. For a bit extra you get the seaview, but you can stay on a budget without that extra. The room we stayed in was ensuite and very clean and quiet. The breakfast is full English and it's a friendly place to stay. It is right on the beach, so couldn't be in a better location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank literary_spy
Lancashire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We were attracted to the Pentre Arms because of its location. The beer availability was limited, although in good condition, if a little cold. Ordered some sandwiches, which were very overpriced considering the very mediocre bread, and filling quality. My wife ordered a pot of tea which was poorly served, and poor quality. After lunch, we discovered the Ship Inn which is behind the car park. The menu there was much better, and they even serve hand cut chips!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Les F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangrannog
The Gwbert Hotel
Gwalia Falls Retreat
Gwalia Falls Retreat
#5 of 14 in Cardigan
The Swallows Bed and Breakfast

Been to Pentre Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!