“EXCELLENT”
Review of Pentre Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llangrannog
Pentre Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Llangrannog B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I have been coming to LLangrannog all my life and as soon as I come down the hill and can see the bay all my trouble go away. Mike is so accommodating and the breakfasts are fabulous and the rooms clean and inviting and very reasonably priced. I will return here very other year until I can no longer travel and I am only 44 so that's a long time. Mike keep up the good work and don;t ever sell! Helen Bod from the Midlands.

Room Tip: The twin room above the porch at the side does not state sea view but you can sit in the window and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank helenbc68

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Llangrannog has to be one of the loveliest coastal places in Wales and it was a pleasure to return there after a gap of far too many years. Having looked at all the possibilities for lunch (there were only four alternatives in the village), we opted for the Pentre ArmsIt could not have been more welcoming. Dog allowed? No problem. The barman and the cook were both charming and pleasant and we all had a decent lunck. My Madras Curry was very tasty and well-cooked. The ales on offer were well kept and our table had a grand view.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 16 October 2012

my wife and I were on holiday with family,not knowing the area we went to a pub close to where we were staying on Sunday evening but unfortunately they did not serve food at this time.We were so pleased that they did not, as we travelled a little further and found the Pentre Arms.Lovely setting with a very welcoming atmosphere.Four of the Five in our party had the Sirloin steak and we all agreed it was some of the best steak we had ever had.The remaining member had an aromatic lamb dish which she said was lovely.
On the Friday it was My Daughter -in-Law`s Birthday so for this special occasion we decided to return.Again we were not disapointed, there was a slight problem with what we wanted but on hearing of our problem the proprieter came and saw us and wihin a couple of minutes problem solved and a very generous bottle of Bubbly for the Birthday Girl.Again lovely food,Great Staff,
Thank you again Mike and your Staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ralph R
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Together with wife and friends had an enjoyable evening meal over the last weekend. My wife enjoyed her steak meal but 3 of us had fresh sea bass. The various soups / chowder as starters were perfect appetisers. My friend had suggested location having spent night b&b here recently and being very impressed by host and staff. as were we on our visit. We will return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GlamorganRubicon
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My partner and I stayed for a Saturday Night in August and had a wonderful time. My Parents used to bring me to Llangrannog as a child for a beach Holiday, I try to get back there at least once a year to enjoy the local walks and scenery.

We paid £5 more for the front Sea View Double Room (8), well worth it and En Suite. For those of you that have visited the Pentre Arms but not stayed the night, room 8 is directly above the large Picture Window in the Bar and has the same amazing views. The room is quite small but this didnt seem to matter as we spent most of our time in the room staring out of the window at Llangrannog Bay.

The Staff were very helpful, we arrived at a little after 10am and were assisted in finding a parking space which is not as easy as you would think in Llangrannog! We were served drinks whilst the finishing cleaning touches were seen to in our room and sat on the benches in front of the Pub watching the world go by. There is areal sense of community in the Village that can be picked up on by even the most hardened Urbanite. I always feel at home from the minute I arrive.

We had a simple lunch of Toasted Sandwiches in the Bar (£8 for 2) and a wonderful evening meal in the Restaurant (£40 for 2 with Wine and Starters), breakfast the following morning was also very good, filling us both up for the drive back home.

Our only small complaint was that we were awoken at 1.45am by the sound of people drinking and laughing outside the Bar entrance, I believe these were other Residents and it didnt last too long. Before we fell back asleep we opened our window to see that the Sea was at very High Tide and that it was actually breaking against the small Sea Wall just 3m from our Window! We could taste the Salt in the air, I found this incredible, and will definately return to Room 8 just to sleep so close to the Sea again.

All in all an Excellent Stay and with Food, Drinks and Accomodation under £125, I will be returning to the Pentre Arms for years to come.

Room Tip: Room 8 as close as you can get to the Sea without being on a Boat!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank z0la
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed just one night at the Pentre Arms in side view, clean and comfy room. Welcoming and friendly. Next morning we enjoyed a walk in the rain before an ample tasty breakfast with plenty of coffee. Very quiet location and at the end of the season the beach was almost deserted.

Room Tip: Ideal place for a quiet holiday.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Veryhappycruisers
Reviewed 8 September 2012

You cannot get a better coast location for Pub accommodation than the Pentre Arms in Llangrannog. With just a small minor road between the pub and a lovely beach. Prices are very reasonably both for B & B and other meals. Rooms are clean and comfy.
The owner Mike and the rest of the staff are friendly and helpful.
I spent a week here and was sorry to leave. I last stayed here in 2009 and I hope it will not be so long next time

Room Tip: All good as far as I know, you will have to ask the helpful staff if you have special requirement.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank John O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangrannog
The Cliff Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Tresaith
Highcliffe Hotel
Highcliffe Hotel
#1 of 3 in Aberporth

Been to Pentre Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!