“Amazing location, food and service”
Review of Pentre Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llangrannog
Pentre Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Llangrannog B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Have to say this is the loveliest place I've been for years for a meal out!
The sea view window seat we had was spectacular, the service from start to Finnish was excellent, very welcoming and nothing too much trouble! And the food was so yummy and. Reasonably priced, they literally had everything right! Wish we were staying longer. :-( ps the battered squid and sea bass are both really yum

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Katherine M

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I've been staying at the Pentre Arms for about 10 years. Lovely rooms, check out the ones with views, well worth the extra cost if you like hearing the waves as you fall asleep. Breakfast, always a highlight, we enjoy the full Welsh breakfast served by great staff. A local pub which has a nostalgic feel about it! Great food, a big window over looking the beach, great staff, great locals who make the Pentre 'real', and only yards from the beach, and Mike the landlord is always so helpful, what more can you ask? I love staying there, one of my favourite places in the world, however I do like simple pleasures...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank scurvyelephant
Reviewed 21 December 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay right next to the sea, beautiful setting, excellent food, friendly staff, not overly expensive and tranquil then this is the place for you. The front bedroom windows overlook the sea and in Winter at high tide the sea sometimes invites itself in! Honestly! Llangrannog is one of the hidden gems of Wales, unspoilt, ideal for walking or just relaxing on the beach. A perfect location for a day or two at the seaside with young children. No fun fairs or amuzement archades. Also a great place from which to visit New Quay, Aberaeron, Cardigan, Mwnt, Aberporth,Cenarth Falls and a host of other fanfastic places of beauty and interset in Ceredigion. If I ever win the lottery, this would be the place for me to retire.

Room Tip: Request a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TrickyTrevLongEaton
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We only stopped very briefly at this pub for a drink at lunch time. I find it incredible that bar staff and owners cannot even have the courtesy to smile or even give a welcome to their customers. It is highly possible that we would have stayed for lunch if the staff/owners had been more friendly....however that wasn't going to happen. Disappointing, as with the wonderful setting that the pub is in.....they could do so much better.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed here on the 3rd November for Bonfire and firework display plus family birthday celebration . Very nice location, spitting distance from the sea as the pub is right on the sea front . Set in a quiet cove in Wales it ticks all the boxes for a very laid back trip. Very hilly, so if you have trouble with steep hills this might be a problem if you want to go walking any distance . Everything is uphill but the views are stunning .Typical pub facilities , our room had an en suite shower/loo and the room was ok but very cold when we arrived as the radiator had not been switched on but for a one nighter it was fine. Cooked breakfast in the morning was really good and the meal we had the night before in the dining room was excellent , very good varied menu and my fillet steak was excellent. Would definitely recommend this nice little hostelry.

Room Tip: Bit more expensive but get the sea view if you can
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank normajean77
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I have been coming to LLangrannog all my life and as soon as I come down the hill and can see the bay all my trouble go away. Mike is so accommodating and the breakfasts are fabulous and the rooms clean and inviting and very reasonably priced. I will return here very other year until I can no longer travel and I am only 44 so that's a long time. Mike keep up the good work and don;t ever sell! Helen Bod from the Midlands.

Room Tip: The twin room above the porch at the side does not state sea view but you can sit in the window and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank helenbc68
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Llangrannog has to be one of the loveliest coastal places in Wales and it was a pleasure to return there after a gap of far too many years. Having looked at all the possibilities for lunch (there were only four alternatives in the village), we opted for the Pentre ArmsIt could not have been more welcoming. Dog allowed? No problem. The barman and the cook were both charming and pleasant and we all had a decent lunck. My Madras Curry was very tasty and well-cooked. The ales on offer were well kept and our table had a grand view.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Phil S

Been to Pentre Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!