“Superb”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

labrador1...
South Wales, UK
“Superb”
Reviewed 18 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

We have just returned from a superb week at a cottage on Morfa Isaf Farm. The farm also does bed and breakfast. They also have a gypsy caravan. I can’t comment on either of those, only the cottage.

The cottage is a real home from home. I could have happily stayed there and not come home. It was vibe friendly, no “feelings” of anything but relaxation. The kitchen is huge and is built on as an extension. It is well appointed and has everything one would want to use to cook. The bathroom is downstairs but we quickly became used to that. It is a lovely bathroom, again, has everything you would need. Excellent “Christy” towels and a built in shower cubicle. Mandy also supplied washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets. There was good quality shower gel too. Could have done with hotter water but that is my personal taste.

The icing on the cake was the comfortable bed. The bedroom is quite big with plenty of wardrobe space and chest of drawers. There is also a washing hamper basket just to keep the place tidy. When the owner, Mandy had the work done on the cottage which I think was a grain store or some farm building, her carpenter suggested building a bed in the space left rather than buy a bog standard bed and have it squashed into another space. So this bed was built and it is high, the carpenter also made a genteelly rising set of steps to get into the bed. Once in bed, oh, the comfort. There are feather pillows for people who like them, me for instance, and synthetic for people who like them, my husband. The duvet seems huge and is feather and down. I slept so peacefully and warmly and comfortably I really wanted to bring the bed back with me strapped onto the roof of our car!

If you were doing some work, I don’t know, writing a book or a Thesis and needed total quiet and concentration you could work in this cottage. The only problem with that is there is no signal for mobile phones, but perhaps that is a blessing. Internet connection was the same, but Mandy very kindly let me use her internet connection by giving me the security code.

The garden of the cottage is very restful. Plenty of green, a patio table outside the kitchen. The Wales Costal path runs through the garden, another great attraction for walkers. There are plenty of walks if you are so inclined. There is even a private beach. But it is a bit of a climb down to this beach but if you are fit and experienced in walking you wouldn’t find it difficult.

We took our Labrador Daisy with us and she had a great time just roaming on the farm. There are cows in the field to the left of the garden but as long as the gate is shut no problems came up. And it goes without saying that responsible dog owners would pick up after their dog.

You won’t be disappointed with Morfa Isaf Cottage, and the price is good to for a week’s rental. Sykes cottages do the renting and they will answer any questions. They also have a web site.

As an aside, the best fish and chips I have ever had were in Aberporth. We had heard there was a dog beach that dogs could use all the year around and that is why we went there. As it was a Saturday we decided to have fish and chips afterwards and all the fish is cooked to order and the chips are twice cooked so they are crispy. Prices are about the same as anywhere but worth every mouthful. There is a charge for car park of £3 and if the collector is not there, an honesty box exists.

Another beach that is dog friendly all year around is Cwmtydu. The car park located a short walk along the road where a café and public conveniences can be found. Also situated just

two miles inland from Cwmtydu is the Crown Inn & Restaurant at Llwyndafydd. We had lunch there before we went to the beach and they are a dog friendly pub too which is great.

When we stayed in Broad Haven a couple of years ago we found a pub called the CAREW INN, PICTON TERRACE, CAREW, TENBY, DYFED SA70 8SL Tele: 01646 651 267. Even though the journey between Llangrannog and Carew was about 40 miles, we arranged Sunday lunch and it was fantastic. Choose between beef, pork and chicken. I choose the pork and it was meltingly tender but my husband found the chicken a tad dry. But then it was breast and not is personal choice. Every part of the lunch was superb, the gravy and the stuffing. I can’t praise it enough.

To sum up I can’t speak highly enough of Morfa Isaf Cottage. I hope somebody else will feel the same.
Thanks.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: tranquility
Liked least: coming home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$53
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing