Like many other reviews here, I agree. The hotel is sad and feels like it had its hey-day many many moons ago. However, yes, the location is absolutely unbeatable for a ski-in, ski-out holiday.
We came at the end of the season so many lifts and restaurants were already shut but it was still a good experience. The best bit was going over via the Dragondola to Kagura. For our last day skiing, it was sadly shut due to bad weather.
The restaurants were not great but again, we were limited due to the time of our visit - so no fault of the hotel and I can only comment on what was open for us.
The sushi restaurant was very good and we went twice. The breakfast options were not great but sufficient enough especially if it is already included in your package.
The room we had was HUGE. There was a bit of confusion about our room (our issue) but the manager contacted me beforehand to discuss the situation. We selected a mountain facing room but it was designated as smoking. I asked the manager to do what he could to remove the smell and the staff did a wonderful job.
The staff we encountered were really fantastic from check in to check out to restaurants. Zero complaints there.
Would I go back? Yes.. And it seems like a great 'starter' slope for kids and new skiers but still entertaining for more advanced skiers especially Kagura.
The location, easy ski in was unbeatable but I do wish the hotel was upgraded a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its prime position next to the ski lifts in the enormously popular ski resort of Naeba, the hotel has everything a winter sports lover could want and more. In the summer, the hotel transforms into the perfect resort for warm weather activities including golf and tennis. The Naeba Prince Hotel offers a total of 1,782 rooms. It also provides a dazzling array of restaurants and bars featuring everything from French and Italian cuisine to authentic Japanese and Chinese dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rakuten, Hotels.com, Priceline, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Naeba Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Naeba
- Prince Hotel Yuzawa Machi
- Naeba Prince Hotel Japan/Yuzawa-Machi, Niigata Prefecture