Was there for the weekend with 3 kids. Very good hotel with peaceful surroundings, lake view, mountains and fresh air. My family was very happy with the resort especially the infinity pool which we had to ourselves as the hotel is mostly not fully occupied. # types of accommodation - deluxe/superior with wood structure w/o tv and no balcony, executive deluxe with balcony. Deluxe suite with concrete structure and only curtains to separate shower or bath tub w tv (not convenient for family although you can take your shower at the pool shower). Very beautiful and contemporary but only upper floors has view as lower floor may be due to privacy concerns but still facing the lake. Kampung rooms or traditional chalets by the lake is the most beautiful but expensive.
Food is overpriced by local standards. RM23 for a fried rice. Understand that most guest are westerners but could have been better if its priced lower so as to cater to all segments of society.
Boat ride is a must 2 choices - hotel RM60 p/pax with cleaner and nicer boat or drive about 4km to second bridge and hire a local boat for RM150 max 7 persons. Choose boat that has cushion seating as some only has wooden bench.
A very beautiful place to be for nature lovers. Enjoy night time serenity on the rooftop of concrete rooms with cool breezing air. Will definitely return as it has been add to my list of favorites.
One thing I hate is the rock solid mattress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belum Rainforest Resort is one of Malaysia's premier ecotourism holiday destinations. Set in the midst of a tropical paradise, Pulau Banding, the Belum Rainforest Resort, is everything nature-lovers and holiday-goers expect in a getaway destination: complete relaxation and serenity, stunning views and surroundings, adventure, and the chance to get close to nature.With the Belum-Temengor Rainforest literally at their doorstep, guests at the resort will have a rare opportunity to experience the soothing beauty and mystery of the vast jungle, which has remained untouched for centuries. Nature lovers will revel at the chance to observe the beauty of plants and scenery that can be found only rarely elsewhere. Meanwhile, thrilling outdoor activities await adventure seekers who crave for adrenaline-pumping experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Fastbooking and Expedia so you can book your Belum Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belum Rainforest Hotel Gerik
- Belum Rainforest Resort Malaysia/Gerik