“there is no competition”

Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera
Ranked #1 of 19 Esteli B&B and Inns
Denia
“there is no competition”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Fortunately Esther had a cancellation and we stayed for two nights. Unfortunately we could only stay for two nights as she then had a full house, so we had to check out the other places in Esteli.
There is no competition. Esther should give lessons in how to run a welcoming, clean and bright B &B with fantastic breakfasts, good coffee and good company.
Diesel the puppy was a delight and I'm sure will mature to have the same loving nature as Esther.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Crawford D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

In addition to what the other reviewers have written, Esther and Jairo are everything promised - welcoming to begin, fast friends soon after, intelligent conversationalists and they have the best of intentions for all guests. Truly, I felt as if we were staying with my sister. Stay here for a warm and happy experience by 2 very special people. And Diesel the puppy was an added bonus! Saludos Esther and Jairo!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Was traveling through Nicaragua with my partner and staying in Esteli with Esther was definitely one of the highlights of the trip! Esther is so warm and welcoming, and her home so cozy and charming, you'll never want to leave! The house is perfectly situated, in a very safe residential neighbourhood. We had a car, so it was easy for us to get around, but even if you don't, it's a quick and cheap cab ride from Esteli. Room was comfy, perfect wi-fi (I needed to do a bit of work and was able to do so very comfortably) and delicious breakfasts with Esther's homemade banana bread and banana jam. I would absolutely recommend Esteli as a part of your Nicaraguan trip - so much amazing scenery and parks nearby. And if you go, you MUST stay here, you'll be so very glad you did. Thank you Esther for everything!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Anna Maria Island, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My boyfriend Joe and I recently went to Esteli for a short stay. We were so lucky to have chosen Villa Riviera for our trip. It is in a lovely residential neighborhood, but close to everything. Our hostess Esther was a great source of information regarding the area and was nice enough to shuttle us around for the day!

Her hospitality the clean and lovely surroundings were all top-notch. We felt right at home from the moment we arrived. Not only did we have a great time but left knowing we had made a new friend.

Don't hesitate to book this for your Esteli experience! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The room and area is quiet, roomy with private bath. Perfect for a single or couple.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

That's how comfortable Ester and Haro make you feel, I now call her Sis and she calls me Bro. :)
Great home cooked food, cozy rooms and strong coffee to get your day going right.
Not to mention the Breakfasts, homemade Granola and Yogurt with fresh mango, papya and watermelon and banana bread made from the tree on here patio.. amazing flavor.. Lets just say I missed them the first day I left, and I was there for 9 days, I cant wait to go back.
She speaks 5 languages so communication should not be a problem for most any traveler and she is just so damn Bubbly and fun to be around. I strongly suggest that you book a stay here.
So if your planning a trip down to Esteli, Esters Villa Riviera is the place you want to be...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Corona, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Staying at the Villa Riviera was like staying at a family member's house for the length of my stay in Nicaragua. First of all, Esther is one of the most kind spirited people you'll ever meet. She'll ask you if you want a cup of coffee before you even think to ask. Everything she had out for breakfast each morning was either homemade or locally grown (fruit). The banana bread was my absolute favorite, the homemade yogurt with granola & fruit comes in at a close second place. The main patio has a huge banquet-style wooden table to sit down and relax at, which is where we spent the majority of our time. Esther is also a wealth of knowledge about the city of Esteli, she can tell you about nearly every place in town and give you recommendations for the best restaurants, etc...And plus, Esther is just a joy to talk to and have around. I couldn't recommend the Villa Riviera any more. I plan to go back to Esteli and when I do, I know where I'll be staying again. Thank you for the amazing experience, Esther!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My boyfriend and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Villa Riviera. We loved everything about it. Esther was wonderful, my boyfriend and I are still talking about how much we loved her. We stayed 3 nights and it felt like home. Esther had a wonderful breakfast prepared for us each morning. Her banana bread and jam are to die for! She was so helpful in giving us tourist information and directions. The entire bed and breakfast is decorated beautifully and the porch is just spectacular! The rooms are cute and super comfortable. The showers have hot water as well. If you are looking for a place to stay with everything wonderful you need to stay at Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera! My boyfriend and I are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esteli
Hotel Hex Esteli
#2 of 19 in Esteli
Aparthotel Gueguense
Aparthotel Gueguense
#5 of 19 in Esteli

Been to Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera? Share your experiences!