“Great place, great hosts, and great breakfast!!”

and 1 more site!
Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera
Ranked #1 of 20 Esteli B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We can't thank Esther and Jairo enough for all of their insight and their fabulous accommodations. My husband and I were traveling during Easter week - which is a BIG deal in Nicaragua...so big, that buses and tour operators weren't running during the peak of our stay. So, Esther and her fiancee (a local) took us to some of their favorite spots so we would not miss out on the opportunity during our short visit. They provided invaluable information regarding our interest in relocating to Nicaragua in the near future. Can't say enough. But thanks and we'll be back again soon with the kiddos... Matthew and Shawna

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 13 nights at Esther's bed and breakfast. We planned to stay for three nights but after a year of travel, we found Esther and Jairo's place so comfortable and 'homely' that we decided to spend our final weeks in Latin America there.

The room, bed and bathroom were very comfortable and the breakfast is delicious, generous and healthy (homemade yoghurt, granola, fruit, banana bread, jams and spreads, toast, tea etc). The outdoor living room is where we spent most of our time talking, reading and relaxing.

They have a couple of local places surrounding Esteli where they sometimes take guests. We went to a waterfall, a lookout spot and a great local eatery. We also spent time helping Jairo build an extension to their ranch, which was good fun.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are going to Esteli, and ask Esther and Jairo to take you to eat Marucas after a swim in the waterfall!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Esther is an amazing host who makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. She has spent a lot of time on her home to make it not only comfortable & spotless but we'll decorated, homely & peaceful. We felt at home from the moment we arrived.
There is not enough room to write about breakfast here ... it is amazing. Esther makes all the food herself from banana bread, to the fruit puree & yoghurt. Esther even tried out a new recipe for peanut butter whilst we were there which was fantastic.
The bedrooms are very nicely decorated & the house is in a very safe area (a way out of town, but walkable & cheap taxi ride).
We would certainly recommend this b&b & would stay again if we were to come to Esteli. Huge thanks Esther.

Colin & Dawn

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed with Esther, Jairo and their new puppy Diesel for five nights. We had already travelled most of the beaten path in Nicaragua and were looking forward to resting and relaxing in the cooler temperatures of Esteli.

We found Villa Riviera to be the most comfortable place we've stayed during our two-month trip. Literally, the bed and sheets were so soft and cosy; the breakfast was a morning feast of homemade yoghurt, homemade peanut butter (my favourite), banana bread, jams, muesli, toast, tea, coffee...; and the temperature meant we could still be active during the day without collapsing in a sweaty, miserable heap.

Our room was small but there was plenty of space to store and hang our clothes. And most importantly, the indoor and outdoor sitting area were cool and beautifully decorated so we spent many hours reading, chatting with other guests and just enjoying the outdoors.

Esther and Jairo already offer tours to a nearby cigar factory, but they sometimes organise day trips to nearby Miraflor or Tisey, which are informal, customisable and loads of fun. We were lucky enough to join another couple for a tour to nearby Tisey National Park with Esther and Jairo as our guides.

They took us to a beautiful 180-degree lookout, the Estanzuela waterfall and a delicious local restaurant where we tried for the first time Güirila (a traditional corn tortilla in northern Nicaragua) and Marucas.

Be careful if you stay here because you might just not want to leave!

Room Tip: Room #1 has an ensuite bathroom and slightly bigger but is closer to the communal outdoor area, alth...
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Esther has created a lovely, peaceful and colorful home here. She serves a very delicious breakfast on the outside veranda with banana bread and banana jam and fruit and yogurt. You will not go hungry. It is a bit away from town but in a few nice neighborhood. The home has two rooms but she is building more. They are decorated in pastels and very feminine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Fortunately Esther had a cancellation and we stayed for two nights. Unfortunately we could only stay for two nights as she then had a full house, so we had to check out the other places in Esteli.
There is no competition. Esther should give lessons in how to run a welcoming, clean and bright B &B with fantastic breakfasts, good coffee and good company.
Diesel the puppy was a delight and I'm sure will mature to have the same loving nature as Esther.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crawford D
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

In addition to what the other reviewers have written, Esther and Jairo are everything promised - welcoming to begin, fast friends soon after, intelligent conversationalists and they have the best of intentions for all guests. Truly, I felt as if we were staying with my sister. Stay here for a warm and happy experience by 2 very special people. And Diesel the puppy was an added bonus! Saludos Esther and Jairo!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple