“The best In Esteli, maybe Nicaragua”

Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera
Ranked #1 of 19 Esteli B&B and Inns
“The best In Esteli, maybe Nicaragua”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

A strong statement to start with, but easy to back up after our stay with Esther.
My girlfriend and I were greeted with a warm and friendly welcome by Esther upon arrival. Immediately you sense a level of friendliness unmatched by anywhere else in Nicaragua.
The tired looks on our faces were brightened with a complimentary fruit juice and a great chat about all there is to offer from Esteli.
We were shown to our room which had a very comfortable double bed and private on suite (with hot water). There was plenty of room for our bags and a handy little shelf to put your personal belongings on- one of the great touches of a host that really cares about every little thing for her guests. This includes the use of your own fridge, so handy when only a maximum of 2 rooms will use it.
There is a beautiful outside deck where you can relax in the peace and quiet, either in the hammock or on one of the newly acquired comfy chairs! This is also the setting for breakfast.
Breakfast was amazing! The home-made banana bread, peanut butter, granola and yoghurt alone should be the reason to stay!
Esther is the reason that makes the house a home for you.
Thank you Esther for an amazing stay, we hope that one day we can come and visit you again!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank H4tch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here over the weekend, but I wish I could have stayed here all week! Esther is so warm and friendly, and makes you feel right at home. After traveling for a bit, I was in need of a relaxing, peaceful place, and Villa Riviera offers just that. This is the place to recharge. Good breakfast, hot showers, nice bedding, Wifi, and very clean. The B&B is in a safe, quiet neighborhood which means you won't be awoken by the 6am alarm or church bells in the center. You can easily reach the center walking or taking a taxi (15-20 cordobas). I defiantly recommend this place to other travelers coming to Esteli!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank newyork231
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were there one night only but it was a great experience ! Esther is a very nice hostess :-) We felt at home right away !

Rooms are clean and cozy. Breakfast is SOOO good with organic and homemade food. Calm and quiet but close enough to "Downtown" Esteli.

You won't be disappointed !

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Without a doubt the best place to stay in Esteli and a base to explore the northern highlands. A relaxing setting just outside of town but a quick drive or bike to the town center. Esther is an amazing host with so much knowledge to share and providing for the perfect mix of being in a warm and inviting home while also giving guests privacy. She is awesome! Fantastic place, highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Woodridge, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It is hard to explain what is so great about Esther and Jairo's Villa Riviera. It is off the beaten path, super clean, with comfy bedrooms and hot showers. Esther has decorated it "just so", and it shows. She makes wonderful, healthy breakfasts, including her own breads and jams, plus granola and yogurt. And if you like strong coffee, you will bond with her immediately! There is a nice cold water jug where you can get a refreshing glass or fill your bottle. The place is VERY safe, and a good place for folks who want to visit the north but are concerned about where to go. Also, they charge very little for the great place, and there are only a couple of rooms. I was there twice, first with friends and later with family (I brought my 12-month-old grandson!), and rented both rooms, so it was "our" place. Yes, it is a bit out of the way, but Esther will pick you up and drop you off for a small charge. Oh, I almost forgot to mention Diesel, Esther's cute puppy, who you will get to know.

But all this is secondary--the greatest thing about Villa Riviera is Esther! She is one of the friendliest people you have ever met, and takes her little B & B very seriously. She will only be happy if you are comfortable, and if not, you better tell her so she can get you what you need. You will find that your touring plans may start a bit later in the day, because you will enjoy talking to Esther that much, and sharing life experiences with her. Thank you Esther! Can't wait to stay with you again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Viola, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We can't thank Esther and Jairo enough for all of their insight and their fabulous accommodations. My husband and I were traveling during Easter week - which is a BIG deal in Nicaragua...so big, that buses and tour operators weren't running during the peak of our stay. So, Esther and her fiancee (a local) took us to some of their favorite spots so we would not miss out on the opportunity during our short visit. They provided invaluable information regarding our interest in relocating to Nicaragua in the near future. Can't say enough. But thanks and we'll be back again soon with the kiddos... Matthew and Shawna

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 13 nights at Esther's bed and breakfast. We planned to stay for three nights but after a year of travel, we found Esther and Jairo's place so comfortable and 'homely' that we decided to spend our final weeks in Latin America there.

The room, bed and bathroom were very comfortable and the breakfast is delicious, generous and healthy (homemade yoghurt, granola, fruit, banana bread, jams and spreads, toast, tea etc). The outdoor living room is where we spent most of our time talking, reading and relaxing.

They have a couple of local places surrounding Esteli where they sometimes take guests. We went to a waterfall, a lookout spot and a great local eatery. We also spent time helping Jairo build an extension to their ranch, which was good fun.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are going to Esteli, and ask Esther and Jairo to take you to eat Marucas after a swim in the waterfall!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Esteli
Hotel Hex Esteli
#2 of 19 in Esteli
Aparthotel Gueguense
Aparthotel Gueguense
#5 of 19 in Esteli

Been to Bed and Breakfast Villa Riviera? Share your experiences!