“Rude and unfriendly staff”
Review of Cornersmith Cafe

Cornersmith Cafe
Ranked #18 of 48 Restaurants in Annandale
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The only reason I gave two stars for this cafe is their coffee which is great. However I and my husband were very annoyed by how rude the staff are.
I personally gave them 3 chances and every time was more dissapointed!
First and second time they gave us ultimatum that if we would like to have our food at the cafe they dont let us have our coffee in take away cups! I respecth their moto about not producing more waste but giving ultimatum in such an impolite manner is not a way to go about this.
We always ask for take away cups for our coffees because we take our coffees away with us and we drink it slowly. I dont see any reason to explain it to the staff.
The third time I was waiting at the doos with one foot inside! Keeping my dog out and tried to make an eyecontact with a staff so She can take my order and they tried their best not to see me. Finally I had to lift my dog up and take him in my lap inside and when I mentioned how long I was waiting at the door the staff told me that we dont come out to take orders and you have to tap hard on the door. Again in the most unfriendly attitude.
We have great cafes with extremely friendly staff here in annandale like Black Toast and Revolver. I prefer to stick with them from now on.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Sunny corner cafe opposite the park. Breakfast of boiled eggs, tasty pickles & a crunchy, sweet waffle was a great way to start the day.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Gee... C.S has changed. Basic flavourless breakfast. Very cafeteria! Went to pay and red sweater girl behind counter was rude, sarcastic & lacked a smile. Grrrrr!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We went for Sunday brunch at 11.30am today to Cornersmith for the first time. We joined a queue of people and added our names to a chalk board list to be seated. We were 5th on the list and it took about 15 mins to be seated. We had a menu to peruse while we waited and the time went pretty fast. We ordered juice and coffees and breakfast and were surprised at how quickly the food arrived, considering how busy the cafe was. We were all very happy with our meal choices and would definitely come again. One of us is gluten free and the waitress was able to point out a number of dishes that could accommodate her needs. Other reviews complain about the coffee being substandard and the prices too high. I would heartily disagree with both!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A very very overpriced hipster cafe which serves you a basic eggs and toast which is quite flavourless only complimented by a rather overly spicy chutney to add any flavour. This cafe charges a lot compared to local cafes which are much better. As in our experience for my wife’s order if you want to get charged $12 for a single waffle with sugar and literally, I mean literally nothing else this is the place for you. Also the wait staff are not very responsive even though it wasn’t that busy compared to other cafes in the morning we go to.