Bet's B&B Studio
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$75
US$140
US$101
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Cambridge Lodge Guest House(Stanmore)(Great Value!)
US$68
Hotels.com
The Urban Newtown(Newtown)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Agoda.com
Ryals Hotel - Broadway(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$100
  • Bar/Lounge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthought of everythingwonderful hostslight railpublic transportbreakfast provisionsself containedlovely suburbforeshore walklovely studiothe main housebathroom laundryhome away from homeloft spaceimmaculate presentationdvd collectionrear lanegreat quiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A very spacious, comfortable and fully, fully equipped place to stay in Sydney. Excellent hosts. Close to city (easy access by bus) but no parking hassles. Lots of local cafés & restaurants. Would be hard to better Bet's.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peterCanberra
Keith D, Owner at Bet's B&B Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, Christine and Peter, and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your two days at our studio. It's particularly pleasing to get such a positive review from veteran TripAdvisor users.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Sorry to Keith and Bet that this is so long in coming. New Zealand friends advised us to stay downtown so that we could walk out to the Opera House area at night. I looked for months for something reasonable in price and all that I could find was $250 rooms and no breakfast. So I went looking for B and B's, which are my favourite accommodation choice anyway. For that, I always turn to TripAdvisor. I like to stay out of the centre, in a place with few rooms and a good breakfast. Oh, and quiet, so we can get some sleep. This place was perfect in every respect.

We loved the spaciousness and the organization in the kitchen had us vowing to change our kitchen drawers at home. Whenever we said, "I wonder if we have a ....", low and behold it was in one of the drawers!

Keith and Bet took us out for a drive to show us the neighbourhood and were kind enough to stop at the new Supabarn grocery store so that I could buy some fruit. Bet also bought us the kind of granola we like for our breakfast. Breakfast fixings were ample and we appreciated having a fridge in the room.

We took the bus downtown, and found the Sydney natives to be so friendly and courteous. Everyone thanked the driver on leaving the bus!! I joked to my husband that they were thanking him at our stop for getting us out of the noise and crowds of downtown and onto our quiet street. Seriously, you do not want to stay in one of those big hotels downtown!! Annandale is like the best old neighbourhoods in Calgary except add palms, magnolia trees and gorgeous iron railings.

Keith is quite the gardener. Have him show you the garden between the house and the garage and you will see what I mean. In the back "alley", he has pots of bougainvillaea on each side of the guest doorway. All down the alley are pots of gorgeous plants. Guess who put them at his neighbours? Keith! So when you turn down the alley on your way home, you have a garden before you.

We ate at "Fish &Co", where they only serve sustainable fish, and loved it. We got fantastic salads at "The Fat Fish" and good cheese from "Annandale MFC Food Centre", a little grocery store just up the road from Fish &Co. Also, ice cream, which we were craving after New Zealand. Sorry, Australia, New Zealand has you beat in that department.

We took the ferry out to Manley and it made me sad to think that the residents of Sydney think that is a nice beach. We stayed five months on the Coromandel peninsula of New Zealand and will always think of those largely deserted pristine white sand beaches as the best. The only thing that saved touristy, tacky Manley was having lunch at "Garfish". You don't need a table at the window because there is no view of the water anyway. But the food is to die for. Seriously. Then we took home very lovely pastries from The "Brezel Bar" a few blocks away.

We took in the Afghanistan gold exhibit at the Art Gallery of NSW, which was amazing. The other thing of interest that I found for those of you who sew is the shop called "All Buttons" in Newtown. Best to have a scrap of fabric along but I just chose what I loved best. And if you want to buy some beautiful souvenirs that were made by Australians and not in China, go to the "Society of Arts and Crafts" in the Rocks district.

Well, that is the deal about our stay in Sydney. It turned out to be a very enjoyable visit. Not least because we were the lucky guests at Bet's B&B !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank insatiabletraveller

Wow, thank you Cheryl and Laurence for such a glowing review. It's always a pleasure to make our guests feel at home even if we are not 'on-site', and that's the beauty of a self-contained studiio: we always try to anticipate your every need. Come back anytime you like. We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This B&B was beautiful, spotless and very cosy. The kitchen is fully equipped, the bathroom had a washing machine and a dryer, I didn't think I would need it, but I was there for four days and thought why not go home with clean clothes. Bet and Keith are lovely. There is a stair case which is step, if you are elderly or frail perhaps don't stay here, but for all others it's great. I will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molly G
Keith D, Owner at Bet's B&B Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thanks for your review, Molly and Sal. I'm pleased that you, like many of our guests, made full use of our laundry facilities. After all, that's why they are there. There's nothing worse than heading home with a suitcase full of used clothes! We hope to see you again, next time you're in Sydney.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a wonderful weekend in this charming Sydney loft apartment. It is difficult to find anything to fault as you really want for nothing! Excellent location, within walking distance to local restaurants, cafes and bars and also the foreshore walk that you can follow virtually all the way to the Sydney fish markets. Friendly owners Bet and Keith are on hand to supply useful insider information on the local area past and present. Just so much more personable than a bland hotel room that you want to escape as soon as possible. Bet's B and B is a soulful retreat you can't wait to return to! Thanks so much for your hospitality!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith D, Owner at Bet's B&B Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We love the description 'groovy loft'. Thanks Claire and John for the very positive review. You didn't have to travel far to enjoy your two days away, and it's good to see that you enjoyed your stay and were able to discover a little bit more about Annandale, including that early morning foreshore run.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Bets B&B is one of the best hidden secrets of the inner west. I stayed for two nights in June 2014, while working nearby in Ultimo. The studio is very large, and in a completely different building to the main house, so it is also very private. It has all you need - from a kitchen, with breakfast food provided, to a washer and dryer. Bet and Keith made sure I had all I needed for my stay, and were a great source of advice on the local area. Buses to the city and other locations are only a short walk away, as are many restaurants and other amenities. An excellent alternative to hotel accommodation, I've already booked my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Keith D, Owner at Bet's B&B Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, Daniel. We get quite a few business people, like yourself, who prefer the quiet and personalised feel of our B&B to the standard fare of a city hotel. We're extra happy that you have already re-booked.