“Disinterested Staff”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Disinterested Staff”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently visited Clover for a late afternoon lunch as it is right around the corner from my house and seemed to be busy on most days.

It started off well with a smile and greet from who I can only assume was the owner, but quickly deteriorated from then on-wards once In the hands of the staff. Sadly they let the establishment down. The young waitress seemed too preoccupied with her upcoming trip to Europe to bother with any form of customer service and in doing so managed to get our drink order wrong.

My partner and I both had the fresh juice which tasted great however the juice came in what can be described as a plastic child's cup, while other customers had the benefit of being served their drinks in glass, I found this odd and strangely annoying.

The food came promptly and the portions where generous. The BIG BREAKFAST lives up to its name.We received no follow up to see how our meal was nor where we offered another round of drinks as the waitress seemed too busy informing her friends about her trip.

At the end of our meal I found myself hunting down the “ever disinterested in her job” waitress for our bill and then on producing a VISA to pay was informed that they only accept cash. Luckily there is a ATM across the road – though this is an inconvenience considering most modern cafes of the same nature in such close proximity city accept card.

Overall the the food was good but the total lack of service a complete let down. I live within a 3 minute walk and I will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sean G

Melbourne, Australia
“honking soy!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

if your going to say your not going to charge for soy make sure the milk is drinkable! frothy, and spilt take away latte. pfft

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Friendly & relaxed - great for weekend brunches”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Clover is perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast, brunch or lunch. The services is usually pretty good with friendly staff & a good menu choice. Shared tables depending on your arrival time but managed well. Getting a table can be a bit hit and miss, particularly given the space is quite limited and there is some outdoor dining. Food is wholesome and served promptly & they offer a great selection of bakery items for take away. Coffees & freshly squeezed juices are spot on and turned around quickly. Cash only - however Comm Bank are across the road. Very child friendly (prams however can make getting in & out challenging during peak times).

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best coffee in Annandale”
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Good menu and reliable food - the bacon and egg roll is awesome ( particularly for hangover cure!) but I go there for the coffee

• Visited May 2013
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This place is ALWAYS busy so must be doing something right. Occasionally get coffee here which is good.

Had brekky twice. The menu sounds great, but the first one I had (eggs on quinoa toast with haloumi) was good but nothing to rave about. The second meal I had (big brekky) was below average - everything was soaked in greasy liquid, the mushrooms tasted like tinned champignons infused with grease, the potato cake was cold. I was pretty disappointed. I am presuming this must be unusual as it is always heaving with people?

• Visited April 2013