“The best breakfast place in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

clover cafe
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Annandale
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“The best breakfast place in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

After some friends recommended Clover to me I decided to give it a go, and I was not let down. I can only describe it as a hidden gem, just outside the CBD. The food was great, the coffee excellent and the owner a warm smile! I would recommend it to everyone who loves a good breakfast and a good cup of coffee.

• Visited March 2014

“Disinterested Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I recently visited Clover for a late afternoon lunch as it is right around the corner from my house and seemed to be busy on most days.

It started off well with a smile and greet from who I can only assume was the owner, but quickly deteriorated from then on-wards once In the hands of the staff. Sadly they let the establishment down. The young waitress seemed too preoccupied with her upcoming trip to Europe to bother with any form of customer service and in doing so managed to get our drink order wrong.

My partner and I both had the fresh juice which tasted great however the juice came in what can be described as a plastic child's cup, while other customers had the benefit of being served their drinks in glass, I found this odd and strangely annoying.

The food came promptly and the portions where generous. The BIG BREAKFAST lives up to its name.We received no follow up to see how our meal was nor where we offered another round of drinks as the waitress seemed too busy informing her friends about her trip.

At the end of our meal I found myself hunting down the “ever disinterested in her job” waitress for our bill and then on producing a VISA to pay was informed that they only accept cash. Luckily there is a ATM across the road – though this is an inconvenience considering most modern cafes of the same nature in such close proximity city accept card.

Overall the the food was good but the total lack of service a complete let down. I live within a 3 minute walk and I will not be returning.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SeanG87
Melbourne, Australia
“honking soy!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

if your going to say your not going to charge for soy make sure the milk is drinkable! frothy, and spilt take away latte. pfft

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Friendly & relaxed - great for weekend brunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Clover is perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast, brunch or lunch. The services is usually pretty good with friendly staff & a good menu choice. Shared tables depending on your arrival time but managed well. Getting a table can be a bit hit and miss, particularly given the space is quite limited and there is some outdoor dining. Food is wholesome and served promptly & they offer a great selection of bakery items for take away. Coffees & freshly squeezed juices are spot on and turned around quickly. Cash only - however Comm Bank are across the road. Very child friendly (prams however can make getting in & out challenging during peak times).

• Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best coffee in Annandale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Good menu and reliable food - the bacon and egg roll is awesome ( particularly for hangover cure!) but I go there for the coffee

• Visited May 2013