“Heaven!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marbella
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“Heaven!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay. Joe the owner is a pleasure & has a beautiful up to date hotel, great staff, excellent service located about 1km from the beach. If you just want to relax & enjoy the area there is so much to do. The best beaches & surfing, horseback riding, fishing & more. Forget everything & pay them a visit, sample some fantastic meals made by local chefs that make your mouth water. I'll be singing from the rooftops about this place & I'll be sure to stop again on my next trip. Big thanks to Joe & family at Marbellasurfinn.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GaryMc65

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was concerned that Costa Rica would be a little ruff for my young ones. I'm glad now I took the chance and went! These folks know how to take care of guests and bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable as you would expect from an all inclusive surf resort. My daughter won't stop talking about riding horses on the beach and my son is forever a surfer! My wife fell in love with the folks in the restaurant and we just couldn't get enough of the lobster! Bring your favorite fishing rod if you are a fisherman. I caught Rooster fish 2 out of 5 days! I expected them to be a good fight but had no idea the sushi would be out of this world!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DDST14
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I love this place and was so stoked to find a place where the kids and I could hang while my husband surfed his brains out. The rooms are clean the food is great and the people are so nice. This place has ever erything you need for the whole family. Thanks again for the trip of a life time. See you soon :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smkgoc
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This past July I went with 25 people on a Mission Trip to Marbella/ San Juanillo Costa Rica. We arrived late, tired, and hungry looking to dine at The Surf Inn. Joe the owner was very friendly and kept the restaurant open late for our entire group. Our drinks promptly arrived as did carafes of water for the table. The staff was friendly attentive and all menu questions were answered. Getting food for a group of 25 people takes time and I was impressed with the ability of the kitchen staff to accommodate our group as quickly as they did. The food was delicious and all orders were correct. I can’t rate the rooms or hotel but have no doubt it is just as stellar as the restaurant! When I go back to the area next year I will definitely be stopping by.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alice A
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We did not stay at the hotel, but if it's any reflection of the restaurant I am quite happy about that. We stopped here for lunch on the way back from the beach because the place looked ok. Soon, we realized that we are not getting what we are hoping for. The menu had a million items on it which is never a good sign and the place seemed to be understaffed with only one girl working behind the bar who looked about 15 years old.

We ordered 2 drinks, a couple of salads, and an appetizer called "green gazpacho with ceviche". We waited and waited for about 20 minutes for our drinks, while I was watching the "bartender" take long breaks and leave for extended periods of time while making our 2 drinks. When the drinks came they were not what we ordered at all.

Then, my salad came which was not what I ordered and looked terrible. I pointed this out and they said that they don't actually have the salad that I ordered anymore. Ok, so you just randomly decide to make a different salad instead of telling me that? I sent it back. Then the "gazpacho" came out which was just a bunch of warm green goo and upon tasting it I realized that not only is it not fresh, but there are a bunch of tiny hard shrimp floating around in it that were very rubbery and had an odd after taste. I guess that was supposed to be the "ceviche" part.

My partner's food never came and we left hungry. If you do end up here, I recommend eating at the Tiki Hut on the beach. Awesome food, awesome view.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alex1012hearts
Joe M, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Alcoholism is a terrible disease, ( you need to get help).
This response is completly false, let me state the facts to what really happened that day. This person came into the restaurant completly drunk.
Undisputed; fell into a families table knocking over there drinks, with (no apology).
Undisputed; ordered 3 items off the menu, returned all 3, other person only ordered a drink, no food.
Undisputed; made a racist comment to my bartender, at that time i had enough and asked this person to please leave, i compted the entire bill.
Undisputed; When finally left, threw trash out her car onto the property, Me and my entire staff work very hard to make sure clients have a great experience, We use only the freshest ingredients, and have never had one compliant in the two years we have been open. This client was a problem the minute she walked in the door. PLEASE never return to my establishment, until you get help ..........Thanks Joe Martella
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

I have been a travel agency owner for 20 years and have traveled all over the world...I can't begin to tell you what a truly wonderful experience Joe has created for travelers. We loved it and will be coming back. The room was awesome, clean and comfortable! and the food was sooo good and a culinary display each time it was served!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelAgentdb
Joe M, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
5 stars,
Thanks for chossing Marbella Surf Inn for your vacation, It was a pleasure having you,
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We loved it---very family oriented. Love all the people at the Surf Inn! Can't wait to go back--I can't say enough about the staff and owner of this place. We drove to Guiones to see friends from another hotel where we stayed last year. After visiting, we couldn't wait to get back to the "country"--we pray Marbella doesn't get overdeveloped like other places.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe M, Owner at Marbella Surf Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Glad you guys enjoyed , Hope to see you next year......Thanks Joe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marbella
Azul Ocean Club Hotel
Jungles Edge
Jungles Edge
#9 of 23 in Nosara
Boutique Hotel Lagarta Lodge

Been to Marbella Surf Inn? Share your experiences!