“Fantastic stay”

Tregarth Homestay B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Tregarth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I had a wonderful weekend stay in February. Despite ariving over 2 hours later than intended and getting there in the middle of the night, I received a warm welcome and every effort was made to make sure I was comfortable. Travelling alone and without a car, the lovely owners went above and beyond to make sure my trips were organised and even giving me a lift too. It was lovely chatting at the breakfast table rather than just eating alone as per a normal hotel. The bedroom was very comfortable and everything I needed was provided.. I fantastic little gem and the owners are really great and considerate hosts. I cannot recommend staying here enough. Ring them rather than booking online as internet companies take quite a chunk of the fee if you book online. Can't wait to go go back.. will be like visiting relatives

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Tregarth, Owner at Tregarth Homestay B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Hi Anna, Thank you so much for such a nice review. It was a pleasure having you, and we look forward to your next visit! Peter & Kathleen

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We found this to be a brilliant location, close to Snowden, Caernarfon, Conwy and several other areas, all with brilliant character and attractions. Tregarth itself is peacful and has beautiful surroundings. The B&B was comfortable and welcoming, with a good selection of high quality food available for breakfast. I found the key element that made our stay so pleasant though was its lovely owners, who were always friendly, helpful and on hand for any queries and all the suggestions for things to do in the area were very much enjoyed. Even though we turned up really late due to me being too trusting in my sat nav, we were greeted with tea and biscuits, which was essential after six hours on the road! I would definately visit here again, its a beautiful area with loads to do and this is the perfect location to do it from. P.S. Ring them rather than booking online as internet companies take quite a chunk of the fee if you book online.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danny G
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed here for a weekend at the end of October 2011. The owners are very welcoming. I had everything I needed to be comfortable, including bathrobes (although no ensuite) and to relax in the evening after a day out walking in windy and wet weather. A bonus was that I caught up with The King's Speech on DVD from their collection in the lounge. I saw a beautiful sunrise over the mountains from my bedroom window. The breakfasts are great too and eatedn round the kitchen table with a chance to chat to other guests as well as the owners. The location is nicely tucked away in a little village but only 10 minutes drive from the A55 coast road and the A5 into Snowdonia, so I had the best of both worlds. I would definitely recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Tregarth Homestay is an interesting place to stay in that it is not the normal kind of B&B accommodation you would expect. The hosts Peter and Kathleen were very friendly and Breakfast time was an opportunity to get to know them and their guests as we shared the experience in their kitchen diner. Although the room I had was not en suite and didn't expect it for the amazing price I paid, I had my own personal bathroom of a very good standard with a supply of good quality bathrobes if I needed them. The Lounge was a welcoming place to sit and although I only managed to start a book from the large library, I did enjoy a more unusual DVD from the extensive collection. There is a shared kitchen for tea and coffee making facilities and as a point of feedback maybe the milk issue needs a bit of tweaking. The peaceful village of Tregarth may seem a bit remote for some but it is closer to major road links than one would think. It was an ideal location for me as it was near the A5, the facilities of Bethesda and had short cut routes to Caernarfon. The recommendations I received of places to eat at night were reasonably priced and outstanding that I returned to both places. Given the opportunity of being in the area again, Tregarth Homestay would the place I would look up first.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank J_on_tour1
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Great location to venture out to Snowdon and all the lovely beaches and villages near by.
Lovely breakfast & we were made to feel very welcome. Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Try to book direct
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I booked this hotel as a last minute decision, I was attracted by its price and location. Upon arrival, the owner kindly picked me up from the coach station (prior arrangements required) and I spent remainder of the evening having pleasant talks with the owner, they are very interesting and friendly. The bedroom was cosy, clean and comfy, bathroom were clean, nice shower/bathtub, it made me feel like home. If you are travelling without a car, the B&B is of within easy access to Bangor, where you can then hop on to a bus which then takes you to anywhere you want to visit whilst enjoying the peaceful and beautiful views on the road. However, do check the bus timetable with the owner / by the bus station when planning your day.

Common room was tidy, enjoyed my afternoon with a pot of tea, a book and the beautiful view outside the window. Breakfast was cooked to order, very delicious. The guests were very quite, lots of information leaflets can be picked up from the B&B.

Room Tip: Call the owner if ur in doubt, they r very helpfu.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally1987
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Despite booking in almost 3 hours late Kathleen and Peter were the perfect hosts.They gave me a comprehensive tour of the house and facilities and offered to book a local hostelry for my evening meal.The room was clean,comfortable and well furnished.The lounge was spacious and comfortable.The power shower was modern and the temperature control was very precise.The ample full breakfast was beautifully cooked and the views from the dining room were magnificent.The tea and coffee making facilities were very good and there was plenty of fresh milk available. The free wifi was fast and easily accessed. I would certainly use this hotel again.Thank you for making my short stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: Very close to Bangor and the North Wales castles..
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Tregarth, Owner at Tregarth Homestay B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Thank you Gerald for such a flattering review! We enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again soon. Peter & Kahtleen

Been to Tregarth Homestay B&B? Share your experiences!