“North Wales hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 2 Tregarth B&B and Inns
Reno, Nevada
“North Wales hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2007

Magnificent stay in North Wales in the village of Tregarth outside Bangor. Had originally intended to stay 3 nights, but business took me to another town and I was only able to spend 2 nights and one full day. There was no problem changing my reservation.

Not only did my hosts pick me up at the train station (the only B&B that did this during my time in the UK), but when they heard I wanted
to see an old mining site on the island of Anglesey, they picked me up after my business meeting in Bangor, drove me out to Anglesey, hiked all around the mine site, toured me over to a birding site by a lighthouse, showed me ancient stone circles, and topped it off with a stop at a British pub for a late dinner.

While I'm sure they don't have the time to tour every guest this way,
they are lovely people with a lovely B&B. There is a garden with a little pond, a TV room, and plenty of information on hiking in Snowdonia. They are very accomodating in breakfast preferences, and even make sandwiches for guests that will be out hiking all day.

The village of Tregarth itself is quite pretty as well. There are many stone cottages with shingles actually made out of slate, and one of the biggest slate quarries in the world just 2 miles away. Very picturesque. Buses run regularly into the main town of Bangor, and the B&B is just a few blocks from the bus stop.

I highly recommend Tregarth Homestay for anyone wanting a home base for hiking around North Wales!

Kendra Zamzow
Reno, Nevada

• Liked — host hospitality
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Dog_qi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
dorset
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2007

A well situated B&B overlooking the isle of Anglesey, there is a pub within walking distance however it does not serve food, we arrived on motorcycles and were soaked to the skin, Kath, the host made us a welcome cup of tea and even prepared us an evening meal so we did not have to don our wet clothing again to set of into town, she even dried out our wet gear overnight.
The accomodation is clean, tidy and has everything one needs for a comfortable stay, and all the attractions of Snowdonia are close to hand including the ferry port at Hollyhead.
Kath and Peter are really helpfull and friendly, and are prepared to go the extra distance to ensure their guests have an comfortable stay there.

Stayed May 2007
3 Thank Speeder01
Bowling Green, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2006

My sister and I just returned from a trip to Bangor, Wales. We found the Tregarth Homestay B & B listed on a web search. I can't say enough about this clean, hospitable, comfortable B & B. We were transported from the train station to Tregarth by the owners - late at night and raining. We had our own spotless modern bathroom , two very comfortable twin beds, plenty of covers and the makings for tea and coffee. In the morning we were given a menu from which to choose our breakfast, french press coffee, the works - prepared by Mr. Coleman.

Mr. Coleman offered to give us a car tour of the area surrounding Bangor. And what a tour it was! We drove with him by car from 11 to 6:30, complete with a comprehensive explanation of everything we saw.

When we returned that evening we were given access to the kitchen so we could prepare our food that we had purchased while on our tour. Then we spent a delightful evening watching a taped broadcast of a Welsh evening of classical music.

The next morning we were driven back to the train station to catch our train to London - Mr. Coleman was more than willing to
leave by 6:30 a.m. to enable us to have plenty of time., waiting until we we were on the train.

If you stay with the Colemans, you will be welcomed into their home and treated like true friends. I can't say enough good about our stay.

• Liked — hospitable, clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank emathey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tregarth
Premier Inn Bangor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Bethesda
Joys of Life
Joys of Life
#1 of 3 in Bethesda

Been to Tregarth Homestay B&B? Share your experiences!