“Great snow,great food, great people,cheaper than I imagined”

Hakuba Happoone Ski Resort
Ranked #1 of 49 things to do in Hakuba-mura
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great snow,great food, great people,cheaper than I imagined”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great snow,great food, great people,cheaper than I imagined.
The snow was brilliant, deep powder, no crowds, varied runs, with friendly people,food on the hill was cheaper than I imagined. Couldn't go back to Thredbo after this

Visited February 2013

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“AMazing pow!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Such a great place! Great snow all over the mountain, but the main runs tend to get congested with people sitting just over the lip, so if you're a keen skier/boarder stick with the upper hill - and take low skis, you'll loooove it!

Visited March 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great skiing and snowboarding for tourists”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

As a beginning snowboarder, I can't offer much in the way of comparisons to other resorts, however, I was very pleased with my experience at Hakuba. My Japanese speaking ability is almost nonexistent, so I was very pleased to see that the signage included English, and my there were lessons available in English. I was even more pleasantly surprised when I had to rent boots and a board, and the shop clerk at the resort spoke perfect English. It saved me a lot of trouble when requesting my size 32 cm snowboarding boots, which I am happy to say, were available (Most shoe stores in Japan do not carry anything near my size, and a few other independent rental shops I looked at didn't have my size either). With all my equipment ready to go, and a half a day of lesson's under my belt, I ventured out onto the slopes by myself. Everything was well organized, and the other skiers and snowboarders were friendly and respectful.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank MitchDoogle
Cairns, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Spring in the Alps”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We did a day trip to Hakuba from Nagano which took approx 45min on a local bus and cost Y1,500 each way. The scenery during the ride is spectacular. Hakuba resorts were mostly all closed due to it being 'off-season', but we walked to the downhill ski slopes where the Winter Olympic 1998 downhill skiing was held and caught a chair lift up to the top tower. Cost was Y500 ea. Again, spectacular views. The mountain tops were still covered in snow which made it even more awesome.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Gwendolyn1
Squamish, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slackcountry wonderland”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Cheap and amazing backcountry access. Easy access to big gnarly lines and pay as you go lift access couldn't be better!

Visited April 2013