“Five star family holiday”
Review of Address Nozawa

Address Nozawa
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My parents, brother and fiance as well as my husband and I stayed at Address Nozawa for our family christmas holiday. We had 2 large apartment rooms between us. Both were clean, spacious with fun decor. The service at this hotel is simply amazing. Had a great holiday based in this central location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
野沢ホスピタリティー マネジメント, 支配人 at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for your feedback following your visit to Address Nozawa for your Christmas holiday. I was delighted that you have loved our rooms and facilities.Please come and visit us again for next ski holiday.

Best regards,
Hisako Horikawa

Reviewed 26 March 2014

For our second trip to Nozawa, we were wanting a self contained option - address nozawa suited our needs perfectly. We had the blue/purple? suite on the top floor . Kitchen had everything we needed - although if you are planning on self catering, I suggest doing a shop before you arrive as the local shops are limited in selection. With two kids, we all shared the sleeping room, but wasn't really a problem as they passed out early after a day on the slopes and we could sit up and read/watch a movie etc. Staff were helpful. Onsen was a bonus. Great to have a washing machine and kids play room. Bath in our room was also handy (we love our onsens/baths!). 5 minute walk to the lifts, right in the middle of the village, so location was great. Recommend the restaurant across the street - 8 course dinner by the chef was great. would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
野沢ホスピタリティー マネジメント, 支配人 at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear guests,

I was so happy to read your kind words following your stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities in our hotel. I have passed on your kind words to my brilliant team. I do hope you will come back to stay with us next year.
My best wishes

Hisako Horikawa

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just returned from a week at address nozawa. Initially we were in the Japanese room, which is authentic, but on the small side when you have large bags and ski clothing. The plus side was the superb shower room! Thank you to the reception staff who organised an extra 2 nights and moved us to the green room, which was fabulous. Great location in the centre of the village, so close to all amenities and the yu road. This was our 2nd trip to nozawa and won't be our last.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words following you recent stay at Address Nozawa. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the accommodation we provided you with. Please do come and stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed in Address Nozawa for 5 day skiing break with our 2 sons. We had booked the Red suite which is not cheap but gave us a lot of space. The sleeping area is not really separate (just a sort of walk through paritition) so if you are going with kids you either need to go to sleep at the same time or sit in semi-darkness until they sleep. We tried both options!

You are provided with a set of food on arrival to make your own breakfast (bread, eggs, ham etc) which was good and plentiful. We got a refill of the bread as well a day later. The kitchen is well equipped with rice cooker, nespresso etc and plenty of dishes, plates etc. So all in all very suitable for self catering - there is a small grocery store very nearby so you can buy provisions quite easily. We also ate out some evenings and there are lots of restaurants very near.

The walk up to the ski lifts is a bit of a hilly walk in the morning with especially with kids. Our ski rental shop provided a drying room so we gladly left our skis and boots every night and just walked up which was great.

The staff seemed helpful. We arrived extremely late due to inclement weather and they were very nice even though it was in the wee hours of the morning! Any time we needed something they were quick to provide it. There is one or two of them who speak English but some of them do not speak much English but we managed with our limited Japanese/their limited English.

The kids room was much better than I'd expected - with a Wii and games for the kids. My kids loved it there and the staff were very helfpul in setting it all up for them.

You get lots of toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo etc), an onsen towel and a bag for onsen visiting. We ended up using the hotel onsen as it was very convenient and nearly always empty!

My only minor gripe is that I LOVED the pajamas the hotel provided and I wanted to buy a pair but I was told I could not! I have since searched high and low and cannot find anything similar. So please let your guests buy your pajamas :-) !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nevynevster
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear nevynevster,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at Address Nozawa. I was so glad to read that you enjoyed the service and features of the hotel. I have passed your kind words on to my great team.

My best wishes,

General Manager.

PS : Thank you for your suggestion concerning the Pajamas.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Revisited Address Nozawa this Feb 2014 having stayed there the year before. Great that it was still as good as last time, especially since we dragged others friends with us this time, who all thought it was great too.
Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mazzieq,

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback following your recent stay at Address Nozawa. I was really pleased to read your kind words and have passed them on to my great team at the hotel. Please do come and stay with us again which I hope is very soon.

My best regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Address Nozawa for five nights in Feb 2014 in the peak of the snowy ski season. I would definitely recommend Address to anyone travelling to Nozawa. We stayed in the Executive room and it was well designed, spacious and homely. Location is excellent and service is good. It's nice to have the Onsen as well despite only using it once because it was boiling hot! I can echo the other reviews and say that the breakfast supplies are great. We cooked dinner in the room one of the nights after finding a meat shop 20 min walk away which was a nice change to eating out. Recommendations of restaurants - Kuan (izakaya) and Sen (yakatori). Bars - 8 Bar & Stay bar. Definitely consider this place when coming to Nozawa as it's a fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: Executive room was very spacious
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Clairy_206

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Address Nozawa. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and really liked the facilities and service we provided you with exspecially in our breakfast set. Please do come and visit us again soon.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Family of 5 from Oz. stayed at Kawamotoya 12 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it (earlier review). Tried Address Nozawa for a change. Wow ! What a great place ! The outstanding location has been commented on by others. So close to practically everything; the escalator to the ski field minutes away, plenty of shops and good places to eat only doors away. Stayed in Japanese and standard rooms and these were very clean, well appointed and equipped with kitchen, dining table (standard room)and fridge stocked with food for breakfast. This was perfect for us as we spent the day skiing and could have meals in the room when we wished. Arnaud whom we met last time is the General Manager and a great guy. His assistant Hisako whom we dealt with most during the stay is lovely. The other staff were also most friendly and helpful. We don't plan to return to Japan now for a few years but when we do , we wouldn't hesitate to stay again at Address Nozawa.

Dom, Michelle and family.
Melbourne,
Australia.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Smayd45
Arnaud D, Directeur général at Address Nozawa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Don, Michelle & Familly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at Address Nozawa. I was delighted to read that you found the service and facilities the best you have encountered and it is very much appreciated to see this feedback.

As I always do, I have shared your kind words with my brilliant team who make this all happen.

Your continued support is very much appreciated

My best wishes,