I had a western/japanese mixed room. The wooden floor was cooling but shows obvious age of the hotel. Unless you are accustomed to hard mattress, you shouldn't try the japanese tatami with futon. Besides, you have to setup the futon bed yourself. The beds were okay though.
To access the bathroom, I had to step into a kitchen-like room before opening a plastic sliding door. There's a handwash ontop of the loo; that water is collected for the next flush. For brushing teeth, there's a sink out in the kitchen-like room.
I call it the kitchen-like room as there were kitchen cabinets, a hot-plate, and a water kettle. No other cooking amenities.
The balcony offers a nice seaview. Sadly the pool downstairs was closed as it was off season.
Breakfast buffet was nice with plenty of cooked foods and salad to choose from. I like to have my omelette fried a la minute, although I didn't like to queue for it..haha!
The hotel lobby and ground floor were recently nicely renovated. I hope they plan to do so to the rooms and corridors. Have I mentioned that corridors to the rooms had seaview too but were OUTDOORS? Yes imagine the very strong and cold February winds blowing in from the sea...brrrrrrrrrr.
Last but not the least, the hotel has a decent public bath. The type which has male and female guests separated; naked bath. Please please please bring your towels from the room and scrub yourself real clean before slowing entering the hot waters. Surprisingly, after the soak, that walk along thr corridor didn't seem so cold *thumbs up*
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resorts Okinawa, guests can enjoy the indoor/outdoor swimming pools and arrange for marine activities such as snorkeling and diving. Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby. Okinawa Chiraumi Aquarium is a 5-minute drive or free shuttle ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mahaina Welness Resorts Okinawa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mahaina Welness Okinawa
- Resort Mahaina Welness Okinawa
- Hotel Mahaina Welness Resorts Okinawa Okinawa Prefecture/Motobu-Cho, Japan