“Enjoy typhoon”
Review of Pension Weekend

Pension Weekend
Ranked #2 of 41 B&Bs / Inns in Onna-son
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Also a booking through Jan from Piranha Divers, but one that unfortunately for me coincided with super typhoon Neoguri.
The room was comfortable and the welcome warm. On my second day the typhoon hit, and without asking, the couple took it upon themselves to look after me, bringing me meals and inviting me to eat with them in the evening. Despite their limited English and my even more limited Japanese, it made what could have been a boring holiday memorable and magical.
Thoroughly decent and friendly people with a great little place.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank douglaskidd

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Like many of the reviewers, I booked Pension Weekend through Jan from Piranha Divers. It's a pension, so don't expect luxury. But for what you're paying, it is definitely worth it. Pension Weekend has all the necessities and some more! There's free wifi (best reception in the living room/lobby), ensuite bathrooms, toothbrushes, towels, and basic toiletries.

The best part of the pension, however, are the amazing owners. They are an elderly couple, who are extremely friendly, accommodating and overall great hosts. The husband speaks more English, but he's not around as often. My Japanese isn't great, but I made some small talk with the wife and we became fast friends! The day I checked in, she walked me to the convenience store nearby and showed me the surrounding area. She also told me about all the restaurants in the area and gave recommendations.

The breakfast is delicious and you can choose between Continental and Japanese. The wife prepared the Continental breakfast for me the first morning, then the Japanese the next. The Western breakfast is good, but the Japanese one is AMAZING.

If you're looking to visit Onna, stay at Pension Weekend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Regina H
Reviewed 24 April 2014

A lovely place to stay at Inbu Beach. Nearby Piranha Divers, and 10 minutes walk to a quiet beach. Good restaurants nearby on the main road, and nearby Nago Town worth a visit, feels like a trip back to the 70s.
Very friendly owner, great breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gordon B
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. I was diving with the excellent Piranha Divers, and this place came recommended as a budget plCe to stay. Ok, it's tired looking, but the sheets are clean, the rooms are clean, there is an awesome breakfast and free wifi.

There is a bar-cafe just up the road and a reasonably reliable bus service at the end of the street.

It's quiet and very pleasant. The owner does not speak any English, but we got by. She is lovely and smiley, and if you ask early enough, her husband will give you a lift to the shuttle bus for the airport or take you there for a small fee.

Good, honest value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Metrodiner
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Weekend three nights. I had to plan to dive, but typhoon changes my plan. So, I spent quality time in Weekend. The rooms are big and all house is very nice. Breakfast is so good and also looking very nice. Owners are very helpfully. Location is also good.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Tatu_P
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here for a week in September 2013 and was very pleased with my experience. The location is quiet, but still convenient to many restaurants, beaches, and other attractions. The prices were also a bargain considering the quality of the accommodations. The owner was also very pleasant and went out of her way to ensure our stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: It's a small, boutique establishment, so it's really not possible to choose a bad room.