“Modern hotel with all-you-can-eat Yubari melons”
Review of Hotel Mount Racey

Hotel Mount Racey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels / Ryokan in Yubari
Malaysia
“Modern hotel with all-you-can-eat Yubari melons”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed for one night here in this modern ski-resort. Good buffet dinner spread with endless replenishing of the delicous creamy Yubari melons. Beware that specific dining time are allotted and they actually did ask diners to leave after their expired time slot which I think is unusual as it was not even the peak winter ski season.

Rooms were clean and I lIked that they had additional wash facilities outside the usual toilet/bathroom. Beds were comfy with pillows filled on one side with beads (I think) and yukatas were provided. No kettle in our room but we accidentally found a panty with filtered hot and cold water next to the lift lobby. We tried the indoor pool which was located on the same floor as the lobby but at a far end of the hotel building but were not particularly impressed. Dressing area was compact and would be congested if there is a small crowd.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravellerM88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I went with my family in February with a tour this year. We thought the hotel was GREAT, we got a big room which was awesome because before that we stayed in Sapporo and the hotel room was soooo small. So we really enjoyed the big space we got.
The view from my room was very very beautiful we could see the ski area with all the people skiing.
The food was fantastic. At lunch we ordered Tempura don and katsudon and both tasted great, and dinner was buffet and I think I've had one of the best time ever. The crab was amazing and so was everything else. The girls, especially, enjoyed the desserts.
Unfortunately none of us knew how to ski, so we just stayed in the room, otherwise we would have enjoyed it more, although we already did :D
Also I heard that they had an Onzen, we tried to find it but couldn't, I think the signs were that good so that's the down bit for that, (but maybe we just didn't notice it, but I'm pretty sure I looked carefully)
they also had cantaloupe head wear for you to wear and take pictures too, at the lobby, it was fun.
oh and they also provided yukata for guests :D
Overall we had a really good time at the resort.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank jinijiru
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yubari
Yubari Hotel Shuparo
#1 of 1 in Iwamizawa
Nanporo Onsen Heart & Heart
Nanporo Onsen Heart & Heart
#1 of 1 in Nanporo-cho

Been to Hotel Mount Racey? Share your experiences!