Wonderful little Cottage all to ourselves
- great to cook for ourselves - although tricky to get to a supermarket to get supplies
- space for kids to run, jump and make noise
- separate sleeping areas
- ordered in a Shabu-Shabu meal - everything delivered to our Cottage - a great hit with us and the kids (even if we couldn't read the Japanese instructions!!)
- no organised activities, as it was winter off-season
- a few good galleries, cafes, restaurants, but some were closed
- fairly helpful staff, although sometimes hard to communicate, despite us speaking Japanese
- staff not very used to dealing with foreigners
- a bit more basic information in English would be lovely!
- resort restaurants fairly expensive
- would recommend having a car to explore area, although staff were happy to drop-off/pick-up at Kaikoizumi Station
- Kaikoizumi must see: fantastic playground (just down the hill from the station); Silk Road Museum
- Great day-trips: Kiyosato Glass Museum, Nobeyama Radio Observatory,
We would love to stay in Cottage C04 again - next time with a car!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Rakuten, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Neo Oriental Resort Yatsugatake Kogen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neo Oriental Resort Yatsugatake Kogen Japan/Hokuto