“Clean and quiet place”
Review of Hotel Luisiana

Hotel Luisiana
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed for three nights in July and had a pleasant stay.

The hotel is in a remote neighborhood of Santa Ana. The hotel is good to reach from the main street 121. They should have a sign put up for their hotel at the 121 as it is easy to miss and I didn't see a street sign for Calle Machete. There is a sign for a Berkeley kindergarten that you could follow from 121.
While the neighborhood seemed safe to me they have an electronic gate protecting the parking lot.

The hotel consists of a main building with a restaurant, a 2nd building, a pool and a playground. The buildings have three floors. As mentioned before you can only reach the higher floors through stairs.

I really like the pool as it consists of two parts one with shallow water, good for children that can't swim yet, and a part where you can actually swim. The swim lane was about 10m.

I stayed in the 3rd floor in a basic room. The room was mostly clean. In the bathroom I've seen some small ant-like insects, but for being in a tropical region that seemed negligible. The room had no kitchen devices except for a fridge, which contained some drinks, but was not stuffed with them. So there was still place to put stuff in.

In the room there was also a Sony internet TV, which worked well. The internet at the TV seemed faster than the Wifi, which was rather slow.
I also liked the 2 vacant power outlets next two the bed, that I found very useful and are lacking in many places.

About the construction noise: I've seen some areas where constructions seem to be going on, but didn't see or hear anything going on in the time between Saturday-Tuesday, when I stayed there.

Hotel Luisiana is an intelligently designed clean hotel in a generally quiet neighborhood. For the 35$/night third-party deal I got, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at Luisiana as usually when getting things done in SJ. Love the location away from the city, rooms and outdoor area. It is a really good quality price relationship. And just 5 minutes from Escazu if you need to go shopping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Cayman Islands
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I just had my vacation in Costa Rica this July 2014 and I stayed in Hotel Luisiana for the entire vacation. It's actually my first time to visit the country and had no detailed plan on things to do. Fortunately, Hotel Luisiana's staffs were very accommodating and helped me all throughout in checking the best tour packages available and in booking them instantly w/in the day I arrived in the hotel.

Hotel Luisiana for me is a total package from its friendly ambiance, neat & clean premises, peaceful location, delicious food (w/ free coffee anytime) and very accommodating staffs. I will not really hesitate to recommend this hotel to any of my friends who wants to visit Costa Rica and if I'll be given a chance to visit the country again, Hotel Luisiana will be on top of my list to stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

suberb stay - realy nice motel type room, very well equiped, excellent breakfast and very close to the airport - also close to shopping, restaurants, and has secure private parking - excellent all round stay and great value - nothing we can fault, would certainly stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I'm sitting outside on the patio enjoying a nice glass of wine and listening to the post Costa Rica Cup celebrations (even after the loss). We are midway through our stay. The staff, especially Rebeca, are great. She has helped us navigate the public buses, arranged tours, and been truly hlepful. Today, we attempted to have some laundry done... a challenge on the weekend and with the quarter finals of the Cup. The staff made it happen! We are looking forward to our tours and a few more days of R&D here.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner for 2 nights we had been travelling Central America for 3 months this was a treat for us before we flew home! we got here on a Saturday evening after a long bus journey and was very tired my partner was sick and on medication so wen we got to our room and they were doing construction work and very noisy we were annoyed, we complained and the noise stopped we were offered a free meal when we were checking out which I thought was very good they made an effort to make up for it! Rooms are great comfy beds with net flex great wifi pool is lovely and food is very good shuttle to the airport 20 dollars half hour away I would recommend to stay here

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel was very quiet and clean - very good value for the price. The netflix access, free international phone calls, and smart TV was a bonus perk for us! We would definitely stay here again if we ever are back in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: June 2014
Adventure Inn
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Hotel Casa Alegre / Posada Nena
Radisson Hotel San Jose Costa Rica

Been to Hotel Luisiana? Share your experiences!