“Great hotel at a great price!”
Review of Hotel Luisiana

Hotel Luisiana
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Pejibaye, Costa Rica
“Great hotel at a great price!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our third time at the Hotel Luisiana, so that tells you something about what we think of the hotel. The staff has always been terrific, the rooms clean & quiet, and the breakfast delicious. We stayed in a suite with kitchen during our most recent visit, and we could not have been happier with the suite and the price. The outdoor pool is nice day or night. Two thumbs up to Hotel Luisiana!

Room Tip: If more than a couple, get the suite over the office if you can. Separate room with bunk bed, large...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Todd H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Nice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed 20 July 2014

When i travel to San Jose, i'm not looking for an other hotel. I go just at the "Luisiana" hotel only.
Great quiet place, great people and great diner, only at the same place. The staff is very friendly

Room Tip: Only great , clean and beautiful rooms, whatever you will choose.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Hello guys,

At first I thought this would be the hotel I would always stay in San Jose, it is a nice little place. The room is very clean, the bed is nice, super buy for your money. The staff is friendlly, everything looks, smells, fells great but .......

After staying here 3 nights travelling for a couple of days we came back to the very same room, 301. This is the room from hell. First the lights went out, they tried to fix it but couldnt, we were ok with the lamp they put on because qe really like the place and it does not bother us at all.

So we went ti bed and we were awake in the middle of the night by this f****g loud humming noise, loud !!!! I Turnned off our a/c, checked the little fridge in the room. The whole place humms. Once I openned the door to the doorway the noise was louder. Just horrible!!

So I went to the front desk at 3 30 in the morning and the guy there was just " whatever, its a little noise, suck it up"

I am glad for cc charge backs

Would I stay here again ?

Maybe, if it was garanted i would be away from this noise.

But I wont, because the lack of respect is the worst.

I dont care how much you pais for a room, you deserve a minimun of silence at night.

I am recording the noise and you tubing, because is no joke.

I love Costa Rica, it is my 4th time here, but Hotel Luisiana is no Pura Vida.

• Stayed July 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel itself is great. The bed was the best I have ever slept on while traveling. Loved the air conditioning. After staying in a number of hotels while traveling for 3 weeks all over Costa Rica, that was great. Everything was very clean and the room I stayed in was really nice. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. They also allow pets, which is great if you are traveling with your pet.
I found that the walls between the rooms are very thin. I heard my neighbor taking a shower. I could actually hear the water running. And then I could hear the man singing in the shower. It didn't bother me because they didn't have children with them and I thought it was funny when he started singing. At least he could sing...... lol
My only complaint was in the advertising. I booked the hotel online & booked a 'standard' room. When I arrived I found out that the "Standard" rooms are on the 3rd floor only. There is no elevator. The rooms on the 2nd and 1st floor cost more. It would have helped greatly to have this information before booking. I need a knee replacement badly so going up and down steps becomes very painful, especially 3 flights of stairs. Next time I will know better but it would have helped a great deal to know this beforehand.

Room Tip: I loved my room except having to climb up and down 3 flights of stairs. You can also choose to have...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Safe and comfortable set up. Close to stores and main highway. 30 min drive to downtown and airport. Staff was helpful and prices great.
Pool is clean, wifi fast, brand new beddings, air conditioning is powerful.....

Room Tip: If you want a nice city view get the room on the 2nd floor If you want a table and chairs outside t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My Wife and Myself enjoy staying here for many reasons but at the top of the list,I would say is How clean the property always is. The Staff is always helpful in a variety of Languages.We always have a very comfortable stay. Hot Showers, Free calls to the U.S. Free internet and The best Cable Channel selection around.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building were once set up as all suites and owners old living quarters are on...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The availability of rooms should be improved cause price/quality is so good that only very few things should change, i would recommend that you get better pillows. Breakfast was so good, 3 options that fullfill all the expectations. Front desk people were very kind but we feel you need a better system at the parking gate for people like us that came in late at night. I was very surprise that the owner is admired in motorsports. This was our first experience and we'll definetely come back.

• Stayed July 2014
#8 of 8 in Santa Ana
Hotel Santo Tomas
Hotel Santo Tomas
#8 of 84 in San Jose

Been to Hotel Luisiana? Share your experiences!