“Great hotel with wonderful staff”
Review of Hotel Luisiana

Hotel Luisiana
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 24 May 2010

This is the perfect place to stay when you arrive in San Jose. It is about a 10 min drive from the airport (we recommend using a GPS to find the hotel as there is only few road signs in Costa Rica). The rooms exceeded our expectations (extra clean, modern, quite, spacious, free local and international call, flat panel TV, etc). The staff are outstanding too (really professional, friendly and helpful). The restaurant had great food and offer room service. We'll definitely stay at hotel Luisiana next time we come to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 6 May 2010

Our driver, Ulie, was the best part of our stay at this hotel. He was wonderfully gracious and kind. Arturo was curt and to the point. It is a good place to stay for a night when arriving and heading out to other parts of Costa Rica. It is secured with a gate and felt very safe. It did feel at times like the relationship was 70% in their favor and 30% for the traveler.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2010

My first night in San Jose was a $100 best western that was filthy and had old, outdated rooms. When I booked the Hotel Luisiana, I worried that I was in for another horrid hotel that was overrepresented on web sites. I was delighted to find out how wrong I was, and to see that the pictures in the photos on web sites actually matched what I was getting! Their rooms are large and airy. They were absolutely clean with no bugs in sight! I stayed there for two non-consecutive nights. Ericka greeted me by name the first night, and Arturo recognized me upon return. They were very polite, and made me feel comfortable right away. The price that I paid for the hotel was a great deal, and certainly was a true value. Hotel Luisiana is located closer to the San Jose Airport than hotels in the city, but being on the edge of town, it has a much more residential feel with a nice, large grocery store nearby. I rented a car, and was happy that the parking was included, with a secure parking lot. The decor of the hotel was clean-lined and elegant, the damask-striped white bed linens were very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep in the large king-sized bed. I loved that the room had a fridge to keep my drinks cold. And that there was an iron in the room. The hairdryer is a very small handheld unit that really doesn't drive enough air to dry anything, but the large bathroom made up for it. Overall, i was pleased with the hotel and would recommend it to travelers to Costa Rica. Location wise, you can reach the airport via local streets; although my GPS directed us onto the toll road, you can actually get to the airport without the longer route of the GPS by following the airplane symbol signs. Also, the hotel is west of the city, so travel to Pacific side destinations are easier to reach without having to drive through the whole city. You are also only 2 exits from the Multiplex Escazu for good shopping and people watching. I was so relieved from the stress of traveling when I walked into this hotel and could not have been happier with the value.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Most amazing hotel and staff. Prompted me to register on this website just to encourage people to go here. Everything that could be done to make our stay the best possible was done from the hotel shuttle pickup when we arrived to our departure when we left. Nice, Impeccable rooms, very comfortable, good food, pleasant staff always and so very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2010

we were a party of five (2 adults, 1 senior, 1 student (17) and one child (7). We felt that it was unclear pricing when we contacted the hotel to book our rooms. The check out price was higher then we were led to belive when we booked. Not enough breakfast. Beautiful christmas decorations. lovely beds, fluffy pillows.Felt safe.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2010

This hotel is profiling itself towards high end customers. Their decor is well thought out, Italian inspired. It was clean and well maintained. Large rooms with almost some of the required items for cooking, some vital parts was missing. The beds were really great, as was the bathroom. Free internet with good enough speed for casual surfing and checking mail.
The breakfast was tasty, even if it was priced way to high. Especially if you needed an extra egg or toast (which most people will need), cheaper to buy a chicken and make your own eggs :-)
It felt really safe with big gates to keep out anyone who wasn't supposed to be there. The parking was right outside the rooms so it was easy to get the luggage to the rooms.
We can recommend going to the supermarket right besides the red-cross to stock up on beverages, food and snacks. High quality and reasonable prices.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.The staff was very nice, however the room was not a three and half star hotel.The air conditioner did not work in my room so they brought in a window unit that required a hose to come out the window and now the window would not shut. I expressed to the front desk that I was not happy because I didn't feel secure and bugs could get in the room. My husband took a cardboard and taped it to the window to keep the bugs out. The room also smell like the sewer it was horrible. We reported this to the front desk and they brought a can of Glade air freshner, I ask if I could move to another room and I was told they did not have anymore rooms available. I would not recommnend this hotel for more than one night. The hotel is not close restaurants or stores.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Hotel Santo Tomas
Hotel Santo Tomas
#7 of 78 in San Jose
Quality Hotel Real San Jose

Been to Hotel Luisiana? Share your experiences!