“Perfect place to start and end your vacation in CR”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Ana
Casa Rainbow Canyon
Ranked #5 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Perfect place to start and end your vacation in CR”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Could not have asked for a more perfect arrival into a city we did not know, Jim picked us up at the airport rather late, even stopped at a Wendys so we could get a bite to eat. From pick up to dropping us off back at the airport for our departure we could not have asked for a better place to make as our home base while in CR. As reviewed in other reviews the Hotel/guesthouse truly does have fantastic views, your first morning there you will not believe what a site you will have. I do not usually come back and do reviews but our experience there was far beyond what we could have asked for or expected. Jim was probably the most gracious host i have experienced in my many travels. We are planning on moving to CR so will be going back and you can believe me we will be staying at CASA RAINBOW CANYON. Thanks again Jim for all your help and kindness.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel/house was absolutely wonderful. Situated on the edge of a canyon overlooking some fantastic scenery, it was the perfect spot to spend my one-week no pressure holiday. It fact, it was soo nice that I never ventured out the house, except for my evening meals, which based on Wayne's recommendation, I took at one the local Soda restaurants (i.e., great food and no tourists). Carlos provided my great breakfasts each morning with a warm smile and great conversation. He also gave me two wonderful massages and a facial which was oh soo good.

The bedrooms are beautifully decorated with very high-end linens, and the entire complex is spotlessly clean. Adding to the exceedingly pleasant surroundings were 3 cute dogs and 2 talkative parrots. Since I was there during the rainy season, I had the house entirely to myself, which was an extra bonus. Well worth the minor inconvenience of the afternoon downpours.

For anyone wanting an extra special gay retreat, this is the place to go.

Les

Room Tip: I stayed in the Toucan room, which had a balcony overlooking the pool and the canyon. Wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Everett, Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Thanks to Wayne and Jim for the great hospitality. From the pick-up and drop off at the airport to the great room next to the pool to the wonderful view of the canyon, what a great location near the bustle of San Jose - without the city noise. It was nice to hear intead the river below in the canyon. Jim - thanks for the great breakfast as well. I would highly recommend Casa Rainbow Canyon and plan to stay there during my next visit to San Jose!

Room Tip: The first floor room by the pool deck is spacious and conveniently located!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard S
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My bf and I stayed here for two nights, one in the middle and one at the end of our recent trip to CR. I've stayed down the street at Casa Bella Rita, so was familiar with the immediate area, but I wanted to give a gay-owned establishment some business.

Casa Rainbow Canyon is a beautifully decorated bed and breakfast which was lovingly built by and is taken care of by Wayne, the extremely nice owner and by Alejandro, his very efficient and knowledgeable staff person. There are two sweet poodles who live there as well as a couple of rescued parrots. The place is very well-kept, clean, quiet and comfortable. The photos on their website do not do the place justice. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds and posh bathrooms.

We were there during low season and were practically the only guests. If you're looking for a social scene, it will probably be hit and miss during low season.

The only slightly negative is the location if you do not have a car. There used to be a great little restaurant (Meme's) about a 3 minute walk from the bed and breakfast, but it was currently closed for renovations. The next closest restaurant is just a tad too far for a comfortable walk, but cabs can be gotten for about the equivalent of $1.50. Not a big deal, but something potential guests should keep in mind (I like being able to walk everywhere).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank plumboy
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nice place, great staff, but a little pricey for Costa Rica. There are lots of places that are a better value for your dollar. Not a great location, limited places to eat.

Air conditioning was spotty, no lights were ever on, so it was kind of creepy at night.

Not that this place isn't great for what it is. A gay B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MSH118
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and again in Jan. 2013. This is one of the best places we have ever stayed at in Costa Rica. Management is great, they will take care of almost anything you need.
Airport pickup is the best. Their English is excellent and they cater to your every need, even leaving at 3:30 AM they had something for us to eat and saw us off out the door.
We plan on staying here every time we come to their country.

Room Tip: They are all good, I like the ones on the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank middlej
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Thank you all for a wonderful time.
We felt like home and made some new friends.
The guys are casa rainbow canyon are wonderful and very helpful. The hotel is beautiful, and has a great view of the canyon. The home made food gives and extra touch.
Thank you Wayne, Alejandro & Carlos for everything ;)
Wi will recommend our friends to stay with you.

• Stayed December 2012
#2 of 8 in Santa Ana
Hotel Posada Canal Grande
Hotel Posada Canal Grande
#5 of 8 in Santa Ana

Been to Casa Rainbow Canyon? Share your experiences!