Hotel Villa Los Candiles
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)
View Hotel
All reviewsan upgradefront desk staffresidential neighborhoodnicest hotelcosta ricasan josespent two nightsgreat amenitiesgreat hotelrooms are comfortablewithin walking distanceevery morninglast nightcelestemartamicrowaveairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I spent 2 nights in this sweet hotel and couldn't believe how quiet and peaceful it was. The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly with everything I needed. Breakfast is diverse and fresh, and my room (a suite) was quite clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AndresAlvaradoS, Front Office Manager at Hotel Villa Los Candiles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, we are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay in our hotel and the Junior Suite has been satisfactory as the service provided by our staff.

Best regards.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Excellent stay of 2 mos. (Sept and Oct. 2013). Breakfast was well prepared on a daily basis. The staff were great, helpful in all respects. I was in a family suite. My friend and I each had a bedroom with bath with a living room/kitchenette in the middle. We had a private outside patio, with table and chairs. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The front desk staff would call for tour information and then book the tours for me, they would place my orders for take-out and call for taxis and then tell the driver where I wanted to go. The housekeepers kept our rooms spotless and helped us when we needed help with other things and transported our laundry back and forth. Los Candiles is reasonably close to San Jose with good access to shopping and various sight seeing attractions. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to any one who is on a limited budget. It's close to a grocery store and with a little ingenuity you can avoid eating all of your lunchs and dinners out, a definite cost savings you can use for other things. My stay couldn't have been better!!! My friend was with me for Sept, and my sister and daughter were with me for most of Oct. They too, were very pleased with this Hotel.

Room Tip: There is no Fitness center or spa but I couldn't figure out how to not mark those two areas. I think any room would be great, the rooms are quiet and each room has a balcony or patio. I was with a friend for 30 days, and then with my sister and daughter for most of Oct.. They were all happy and impressed with our rooms and with the staff.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

We are pleased that during the two months of stay at our hotel, enjoy the offered service from our waitresses, cooks and even the reception staff, we are pleased to know that I enjoy Room Family Suite, which could have the company of her friend, her sister and her daughter, hope to serve you again in the very near future.

Best Regards,
Staff Hotel Villa Los Candles

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Villa Los Candiles for a total of two weeks and was very happy with the accommodations. The staff was very helpful in arranging excursions throughout the area and were always willing to arrange local transportation as well. The breakfast provided each morning is wonderful and the outdoor eating area is very tranquil. The rooms were very comfortable and included a mini refrigerator and small eating area. The large, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the garden are a nice touch! Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a pleasant stay a short drive from San Jose.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
AndresAlvaradoS, Director de Recepción at Hotel Villa Los Candiles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to give us your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
We are pleased that you enjoy your stay and that you have liked our rooms and the service provided by our team in different areas, we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed only one night in this quiet place. The room was very nice, but we missed a fridge in the room. Comparing to other hotels in the area and what you get and location, I felt this hotel is a bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Yes, ask for a room with a balcony out towards the small little pool and garden.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ceciliamargareta
AndresAlvaradoS, Director de Recepción at Hotel Villa Los Candiles, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, indeed the standard rooms do not have refrigerators, only junior suite rooms and family suite have all utensils and items needed to cook in the room
We hope to see you soon again in our hotel and have the opportunity to use one of our superior rooms.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We liked the friendly people and the cosyness of this small hotel. Everything is well maintained and there is a small garden. The neighbourhood is quiet and the beds are good so you can sleep like a baby

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank iranka

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased you had a good rest in our rooms and it has been his satisfaction in the service provided by our staff.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.