“Carpaccio to die for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bufalo Grill and Market

Bufalo Grill and Market
Ranked #42 of 106 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Alajuela, Costa Rica
“Carpaccio to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good service, great idea. Glad to have access to buffalo mozarella, Carpaccio was excellent. burgers well made, cooked to perfection. Only downside...price! I know Costa Rica is extremely expensive these days, and it´s a novelty meat, but I believe they could revise the pricing structure. also, get a wine list and offer full bottles!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jim S

Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Water buffalo is good, but stay away from the sea food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Value for the colon is not one of the triangle that this restaurant tries to achieve.. They have a nice little restaurant and good wait staff... The beefalo is good and of good quality. We had tried it before, but be prepared to pay $25-$30 for a basic meal.... Not value..

$13 for a small plate of bufalo meat tartar.... Really? We tried the squid rings that were obviously old, had a very heavy breading and you received all 12 of them for $13.... over a dollar a ring and these were not giant squid... Hard to imagine a restaurant that is trying to do it right finding a way to justify the prices.. This and two glasses of wine for $40...

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank islandjerr
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“New Decor - But Still Gourmet Service & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have been back here now three times since they have re-decorated this already beautiful
restaurant with undoubtedly the best service and food in the entire Santa Ana area. Tonight
we chose it to celebrate the American "Mother's Day" holiday. We are now almost "true Costa
Rican's having lived here for five wonderful years in this beautiful Country but still choose to
do the "Mother's Day" thing on the May 11th date where they celebrate it in the U.S. Just
want to mention that while the food is still the very best, and the new decor is exquisite, there
is a wonderful waitress they employ here now, Giselle, who could not be nicer or more
attentive. Her English is more than sufficient and tonight she even remembered the exact
same appetizer that I told her was my favorite, the last time I dined here. Luis and his
family have truly put every effort into making this a very beautiful and special place to dine
and I certainly encourage anyone staying or working in this area, or people staying at the
Studio One Hotel next door, to take the opportunity to dine in this fine gourmet restaurant
because, for sure, they will not be disappointed and will be anxious to come again and again.

• Visited May 2014
Santa Ana, Costa Rica
“Original and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visited Bufalo Grill at the recommendation of a friend. It was really amazing. We had fried buffalo mozzarella which was some of the best I have ever had. My daughter had a buffalo burger which she claims is her favorite burger ever. Buffalo isn't the only thing on the menu. I had pork chops that I enjoyed.

The atmosphere isn't pretentious and still classy. It is also a market where you can purchase ground meat and cheese. The buffalo are local and grass fed.

If you are looking for something unique that isn't a chain and supports a local effort, don't miss this easy to find restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
Alajuela
“GREAT RESTAURANT AND GREAT TASTE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just one week ago I had a business meeting close to San Ana in San Jose and we tried to find a quiet place for lunch and talk so we choose a small restaurant called Buffalo Grill.
I never supposed that in this place they cook and sell buffalo meat we were a little worried because it was the first time we tried that meat. Let me tell you it was the best election I ´ve ever did because the taste of the meat, the huge size of the dishes and the service worth every colon or dollar we pay. If you have never try it before this is the right place.
We order a sausage entrée delicious for the main dish we decided to try the buffalo ribs in a barbeque sauce simple delicious the meat was soft and juicy and come with two garnishes.
Definitely I will visit again very soon.

• Visited October 2013