“Expected more..”

Add it.
Gan-Bei Asian Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Severak if my friends have rated this place 5 star so I expected more... Oh well, tastes, values and conditions vary..

Took my lady there for a nice dinner last night. The service was fine, the food was OK, and the prices were a little scary for what you received.. Definitely not a value price meal. Sushi has become increasingly more expensive in Costa Rica where fresh fish is less than two hours away for some reason. Gan bei is no exception. Every sushi item was double the price in nice restaurants in the US.. Oh well, it works for them...

The sushi a tekka maki and caterpiller were OK, but certainly not outstanding. Then we had a chicken curry soup dish that was also OK, but not outstanding. The service was good, the saki warm (not hot) and the environment very pleasant. I would not recommend it to a friend..

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have come here several times and always enjoy returning. The food and menu selection is awesome. The drink menu also has a great offering and the staff are second to none. Will come back again and again!

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Horrible! Food was server strangely fast and it looked like leftovers from lunch. We order a "specialty, which had rice noodles. It smelled terrible, noodles were evidently rotten. Of course we turned them back and the manager had the nerve to say that "chef said they were ok, that it was its typical smell but for avoiding argues they would let us choose another plate" (geez, amaizing they couldn't accept it). We ordered Chicken Kung Pao and Sichuan beef; both were dry and they tasted like they were cooked in the same pan which probably wasn't washed in a long time. Sauces didn't had consistency and they were cold. The waiter was very helpful and friendly but that's the only good thing I can say about this place. Also it's extremely expensive for this awful food they are serving. Don't go here if you don't want to have food poison.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Excellent food. I had a curried dish in a carved out pineapple. It was lush

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Right across from the Indigo Hotel, this bar-resturant offers a relaxed atmosphere to meet with colleagues and friends. The food was a little on the greasy side - chinese style spring rolls, and mixed rice... there is room for a little more imaginative offerings.. still I would give it another try!