“Quick, nice, and easy!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Redondo Beach, California
“Quick, nice, and easy!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I flew to Costa Rica, from California for the weekend. We used points to book this hotel, so I can't comment on pricing. We are simple, and so this place perfectly filled our expectations. We stayed here for three nights. The service was awesome, everyone speaks English perfectly. The room was clean, it was spacious, had a comfortable bed, flat screen TV with tons of channels, the bathroom is spacious and clean as well, oh and the best is that they offer FREE internet! We were pleased with this place, its a good home-base if you are spending some time in San Jose, also if you are driving they have free parking available. The common areas such as the GYM, the bar, and the restaurant are confortable and clean. Breakfast is inclusive and is delicious. Costa Rica is a lovely place but there are no addresses, so getting around could be challenging. The best thing to do is to download the Waze app. and use specific landmarks. The only downside to this place is that there is no pool. Will recommend this place, it is not a resort, but is very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
GWOR 1D,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that all our facilities and staff pleased and made your experience such a nice one. Hope to have you with us soon when in San Jose again.

Paul Downey,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staying at the Aloft Hotel in Santa Ana, Costa Rica was one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel in Costa Rica! The staff is extremely helpful and kind, particularly Juan Ignacio the gentlemen that works the front desk in the morning. My brother and I were at the end of our trip and pretty much ran out of money, (actually we did!) and Juan Ignacio, although busy at the time, went out of his way to help my brother and I find an affordable ride to the airport. He is the man and really bailed us out! Also the complimentary breakfast for guests is great and free billiards is always a plus! I hope to be back soon! Thank you Juan Ignacio and Aloft for the great experience!! Muchos Gracias Amigos!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel C,

Thank your for your excelent review and we are always here to make our clients experience as personalized and tailored to each ones needs. We hope to be your choice when back in COsta Rica.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've been taking surf trips to CR for close to 25 years now. And I've had a lot of experiences with the airport hotels in San Jose. This year my wife and I spent 2 weeks in Mal Pais with our 11 and 8 year old kids and we booked adjoining rooms at the San Jose aloft the night we flew in and the night before we flew out.

The aloft was such a surprise and made for a great start and end to our trip. The hotel is modern and clean. The beds are amazing, breakfast is way above what I'm accustomed to, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Another surprise was that we were able to pay our departure tax at the hotel rather than at the airport. This avoids what is generally a real hassle at the San Jose airport.

We will definitely be staying here again when we return to CR.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey Z,

We are pleased to make your trips to Costa Rica even nicer now, after 25 years visiting this beautiful country. Thank you for your excelent comments, and we hope to be your home away from home for your next trips to San Jose.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I must say when I checked into the hotel I was not really happy with the cold reception that I got from the front desk agent that checked me in. It seemed as though she was annoyed and didn't like her job. However, my perception changed the following day the moment that I met Liset at the front desk and Carlos and another older gentleman (sorry I don't remember his name) that work in F&B. They were very friendly and they both took the time to help me finding things to do in Costa Rica as well as making sure that I was okay. They both made my trip a memorable experience:-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dana A,

Thanks for your great review and we are glad you enjoyed the Aloft San Jose Experience. We shall be working on having 100% of our staff providing such a memorable experience to all our clients. Hope to have you with us in the near future when visiting Costa Rica.

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 15 June 2014

For the price, this was an absolute gem !! Great location, great customer service: they are cheerful and genuinely want to help you out. We did not try the restaurant. There is a plaza some 300m away with a variety of international dining options.

The room is absolutely fantastic with great amenities. Highly highly recommend if you want something close to the airport. 10 min away from car rental drop off for the airport. Pay the departure tax at the hotel rather than the airport to avoid the long lines. Highly recommend !!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms had a decent view !!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi There,

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My first visit to San Jose but not my last, and I'll return to Aloft! Conveniently located a quick ride from the airport, it was near my business contacts and surrounded by plenty of great restaurants. My room was well appointed in a minimalist style, very clean and well cared for. Front desk staff was very friendly and multi-lingual. Enjoyed the hospitality and people watching at the bar too. Only "complaint?" ...being in Costa Rica, wish they had better coffee at the hotel. Can't wait to return!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul D, General Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
FoodSpace_Media,

We very much appreciate your excelent review and will definately enjoy having you back with us duting your next trip to San Jose , Costa Rica.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stumbled upon this hotel recently and found the experience to be terrific! The rooms are great, the beds comfortable, and the public spaces are quiet well done. The bar is terrific and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the San Jose, Costa Rica area!

Room Tip: The snack bar is pricey as you would expect. Go to local stores instead.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Marco S, Director of Sales at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Andrew: Thank you very much for your comments. We're very happy that you enjoyed the Aloft San José experience. We'll be glad to have you with us again in the near future. Best Regards! Marco Soto. Director of Sales.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
Adventure Inn
#4 of 85 in San Jose
Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela
Holiday Inn San Jose Downtown Aurola

Been to Aloft San Jose Hotel? Share your experiences!