Holiday Inn Express San Jose Forum(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$81
HIExpress.com
US$106
Studio Hotel(Santa Ana)
US$102
US$95
Hotels.com
Hotel Villa Los Candiles(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotel Posada Nena(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$75
Hotel Luisiana(Santa Ana)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$33
Vista Canyon Inn(Santa Ana)
US$101
Villa Arboleda(Santa Ana)
US$89
Alta Vista(Santa Ana)
Agoda.com
All reviewsbusiness parksan josecosta ricaclose to the airportmall across the streetspg pointsfree laundrylobby barbusiness districtnice hotelwalking distancebusiness travelerbusy roadbusiness tripbreakfast buffetstayed one nightsjo airport
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed at Aloft San Jose 3 separate times during our holidays in Costa Rica (total 4 nights). It was our sort of base of our trip around the country. It was our hotel for the first night at the country before heading to Tortuguero. Then, we left our heavy baggage at Aloft and we visited Tortuguero for two nights, we returned to Aloft for two more nights and then at the end of our trip we spent our last night before leaving Costa Rica. It turned out to be very convenient because it's not far from the airport (time depends always from traffic too), it's in a modern, business district between Alajuela and San Jose so it allows visiting both cities easily and last but not least it is opposite Terrazas Lindora shopping mall and nearby other complexes that offer excellent restaurant choices. The hotel itself is contemporary like Aloft concept, youngish andt standard of service amazing! On our three times there we had rooms on three different floors. We like them all, especially the one on the 7th floor. The one and only negative incident was the first night we stayed there, at around 2am the fire alarm of our room went on accidentally and made us jump up without knowing what was happening! Unfortunately it was a false alarm as there was no smoke in the room to justify the alarm activation. We were surprised by the speed the hotel security reacted. Within a minute from the moment the alarm went on, the security in charge was knocking us the door to check if everything was ok. We appreciated this a lot. We never figured out what was the problem but it seems it was a malfunction of the system. Apart from this incident everything else during our stays was great! Our rooms were spotlessly cleaned at all times and housekeeping ladies were so nice! Breakfast was rich and delicious (juices could be better but didn't mind at all) and the breakfast area was beautifully designed. Next to the reception there is a corner for getting coffees, beverages, sweets etc paying directly at the reception. It's like a 'snack' station which is also something cool to have. Prices were reasonable . Another service we found interesting and used it it was the laundry room on the 7th floor where you can wash and dry your clothes for free (you just pay fro the powder at the reception 2$/sachet). On our last night stay, Anthony at the reception was very professional, polite and friendly and made us feel like at home. It was not the typical, impersonal check-in and -out we all usually experience at hotels. He made us feel much welcomed. Thanks Anthony!
All in all an excellent stay in Aloft! Highly recommended!

Notes:
1. Right from the first day at Costa Rica we met a driver and we sympathized very much so we had him like our 'private driver' for driving us at Alajuela, San Jose, to/from airport in good prices! We even requested from him a price for driving us at Arenal (La Fortuna) at our next hotel and gave us a very good price (much less than what is usually charged for this distance) and of course we accepted! He is very friendly (Spanish speaking) guy, always punctual on the agreed time, with a nice saloon car (NOT a 4x4 but with a space that could fit 2 large suitcases at the port baggage and two small trolleys). Above all he was a very careful driver! In case anybody wants his contacts you can get in touch with me in private.

2. Moreover, should you need recommendations for dinner around Aloft you can also send me a direct message (we visited 2 very good restaurants).

Room Tip: All rooms are good but the higher you are the better it is. 7th floor was great!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank skybluem
Maria Jose H, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Aloft San Jose Hotel, Costa Rica through the Guest Satisfaction Survey.
We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

GREAT!!! I stayed here last week for 1 night before I traveled the country and LOVED it so much that I came back for a few more nights to relax. I dropped off my rental car near the SJO Airport yesterday and took a 25 minutes Uber to the hotel which was only $6. I am currently staying here now and have had no problems. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are extremely comfortable. You have to use your room key for the elevator which is a feature I like and makes me feel safe. The parking is free.. and the WIFIi...and so is the breakfast I am currently eating..which is WONDERFUL! ROY has been very kind and has greeted me by name everyday! The rest of the staff have also been very kind! The hotel is located right across from the road from a huge shopping center with a lot of restaurants and a dine in movie theater.

Thank you to all the staff for such a wonderful stay! I will definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Maria Jose H, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Mr. Evans,

I can't beging to express how happy your feedback has made me, and all of the Aloft team.
With a mission to always provide excellent customer service we are more than happy to know you had a wonderful stay.
Your feedback has been shared with all the staff, in order to keep inspiring them to always exceed customer expectations.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Aloft is the future of hotels. This one is no exception. From the bright colors, to the well stocked bar and back to the delicious breakfast, everything has been well thought out. Enjoyed my stay here

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria Jose H, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Aloft San Jose, Costa Rica.
Thank you so much for your valued feedback. It is truly an honor for us to be considered as the future of hotels.
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I been coming to aloft for the last 3 years. This will be my last time need to find other choices. The reception team are not that courteous the person running this place should take notice! The carpets are getting so dirty they need to start washing them. The only good thing about this place is the breakfeast other then that I have no reason to return. I found it so rude rude rude..that one time around 4 am ..i got awaken by loud door knocking it disturbed my sleep . The next day I ask the reception what was going on..they simply said..ohhh we have a guest that need it to be awaken he was going to be laste for the flight...Really???. Unless he rented out the whole floor ..abd paid for my room then I have nothing to say..but last time I check my company pay for my stay here that does not give med the right to disturb other guest here! So thanks alot for making my stay the worst. This is what I get for not staying at the marriots.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank everardo a
Maria Jose H, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Everardo,

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology the inconveniences you had to went through during your stay. This is certainly not the experience you deserve.
This types of situations are unacceptable and I will be giving extra atention to make sure this doesn't happen again.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

First off super clean hotel. Very good food and a fun vibe. But for my wife and I feels like we are staying at IKEA showroom. Very contempary feel and lots of tv screens showing techno style light patterns. ? I guess if you want a night club for a lobby. Well here it is. That being said the property is well maintained and comfortable. Expect I don't think they put clean bed sheets on our bed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria Jose H, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft San Jose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Aaron,
Thank you for taking your time to share your comments about your recent stay.
Is important to know that Aloft is a brand that with a really hip, sassy, modern style, this is why we have lots of screens and music in our lobby, which give life and fun to the area. We are very sorry that our image didn't met with your expectations.
Reggarding the issue with your bed sheets, it is really alarming for me to know about this situation. Thank you for bringing this comment to my direct attetion, so I can follow up into this matter.
Please contact me if you have any doubts. I'll be happy to help you.