“Lovely romantic place”

Hotel Posada Canal Grande
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Santa Ana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved this place. It was beautiful, calm and romantic. The view is amazing, the rooms and beds are huge, everything is clean, the staff is super friendly and nice and we never wanted to leave. Would recommend it to everyone. Especially for the price you have to pay. Book through Booking.com or expedia.com since it is way cheaper than paying straight away at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I decided to book a night at the Posada to stay with our two young daughters before embarking on a cross-country trip to explore the coasts. My friend ended up arriving the day before I did, and by the time I got there she was raving about what a great place it was and how the staff went out of their way to make their stay great.

After one night there, my daughter and I agreed with all our friends said and decided that it was our favorite hotel in Costa Rica (we've been to many hotels in CR in the past...) and we loved it for many reasons including the staff, the comfortable and large hotel rooms, the beautiful pool area and views, and the small size of the place that made it seem like the staff and other guests were all part of our family after a short time!

We went all over Costa Rica after that, but when we dropped by friend off at the airport we decided to go back to the Posada to see if they had another room available for us. Sure enough they went out of the way to phone up all of the people with reservations one by one to confirm they were coming, until they found out someone had to cancel, and then they gave the room to us (after already inviting us in to hang out and enjoy the pool area and wonderful guest areas in the lobby while we waited.)

This hotel is beautiful and quaint and exactly the right balance of relaxing and near town that we needed on our trip. We hope to stay there again very soon. (The manager Elizabeth is such a gem- my daughter and I will miss her like family! Thank you again for such a great experience.)

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location away from the bustle of the city lovely grounds and great staff.
Rooms were spacious but dated and a little tired as far as decor goes.
Investment in some new mattresses would go a long way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We only stayed here for one night before heading to the airport, but the hotel made a great impression. The staff was very attentive and helpful. The decor in the lobby and rooms is excellent. My one complaint, which is not necessarily attributed to the hotel itself, was the level of noise from the neighbors. I'm not sure if it was a one-time event or a regular occurrence, but the neighbors had live music, karaoke, etc. until midnight, which made for a rough night's sleep before a flight. However, I wouldn't let that stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My family and I arrived here on our first day in Costa Rica. The rooms were not ready when we arrived because it was only 7am, but we were so tired and drained. The staff did everything in their power to make us comfortable and happy. They let our jet lagged minds take naps outside by the pool and fed us fresh fruit and fresh squeezed juice. They even offered us more pillows for their outdoor lounging area. Between the staff the location and the setting this hotel is superb. Very clean. Tatiana is the housekeeper and she is beyond incredible. Elizabeth is the manager and I offered to adopt her as my own. We were treated so well and taken such good care of. We felt very welcome, safe, and relaxed. The staff is so amazing. The food is great. The pool is perfect. The town of Santana is so quaint. I would recommend this place to everyone I know.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs get a tad more breeze but they have fans and they will do anything to make you mo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

my day at the hotel was excellent I extended my visit as I did not want to leave the staff and owner make you feel like you are part of their family every morning a wonderful breakfast and in the evening they prepare dinner alsothe housekeeping staff Doris and Tatiana were excellent my room was spotless .they also treated my service dog kitty as if she was there they we're always smiling and one thing to know if there was anything else that I needed. .Elizabeth and a Fabio were overly helpful in anything I needed the owner always great always make sure you had everything you needed I would never stay anywhere else it will always be my my home.Ihad such a remarkable I'm there that I will always so back hugs and kisses to all at Hotel Canal Grande will be seeing you again soon

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Corinne G
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here on the recommendation of another hotelier in Costa Rica and it was great. Inexpensive yet charming, with friendly helpful staff. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The hotel has far more character than some chain. It's about 25 minutes from the airport, in a suburb called Santa Ana, and far superior to any of the options we considered in San Jose itself. Also there's an excellent Italian bistro at the bottom of the hill that shares a name (though is separate from the hotel). We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 27 in Alajuela
Aloft San Jose Hotel
Aloft San Jose Hotel
#2 of 8 in Santa Ana

Been to Hotel Posada Canal Grande? Share your experiences!