“Good food for the price”
Review of El Rancho de Laly

El Rancho de Laly
Ranked #29 of 110 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Not the best place (talking about presentation) however food is a good option for the price. Service is good, however the girls sometimes are too focused hitting on customers or gossiping instead of serving. Overall a good option for the price, would not feel great taking my family there..

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is Americanized costa rican bar food, French fries with our Arroz con pollo and fajitas that were greasy not to mention missing any vegetable matter or tortillas.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Great place for cheap food and drinks. Total local hangout. No one seemed to speak English. Safe area. Service was pretty good. Great place to go and enjoy typical Costa Rican cuisine at great prices. Portions are small so best to order 3 things for 2 people.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I ate at El Rancho de Laly two times during my stay in Costa Rica. The food was simply average in my opinion. Everything was reasonably priced though.

Also, the atmosphere was very loud, and nobody spoke English. The restaurant is a short walk away from Hotel Luisiana. If I did not stay at Hotel Luisiana, I would not have eaten at this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We were attracted to the restaurant by a gentleman standing at the curb motioning for passersby to drive into the restaurant parking lot. We were, in fact, looking for a restaurant, so we decided to try it. It was one of the better surprises we encountered in Costa Rica. Although the staff spoke no English and the restaurant was rather noisy, we were greeted by a very pleasant waitress. She gave us a menu, that was all in Spanish, and left us to our own devices. I noticed a seafood item for about 4,500 Colognes ($9) and decided to try it. It was simply delicious and chock full of a variety of seafood. The food was so good, we decided to make a special trip to the restaurant as our Thanks Giving day meal, in 2012. I highly recommend the restaurant and look forward to being able to go there again, some day.