“Loved this restaurant”

maxi's by Ricky
Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were looking for the amazing afro-caribe flavours we loved on the Caribbean coast in the San Jose area and this restaurant was recommended to us. It lived up to all the great things we had heard. Very much a family restaurant, with both a play room and an outdoor playground. The food was excellent and I must learn how to make the plantain appetizers, they and their accompanying hot sauce were my very favourite. The host was awesome and I loved the art. So much so I had to bring some home. Cool place!!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a very good meal at this restaurant, I will DEFINITELY go back. It is a Caribbean theme, I had the jerk chicken. It was really tasty. They brought a great appetizer on the house, little cups of fried platano with different fillings. The wine was good- certainly not the best selection, but it worked for our group. Setting is an old house, very "island casual" feeling. We loved it and will recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have been here three or four times and each time the food was outstanding. You get excellent value for your money and the flavors cannot be beat. From the agua sapo - caribbean ginger ale, the patacones, the coconut rice and beans, you just want to moan with delight. We are so lucky there is excellent caribbean food in the city. The ambiance is also perfect!

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Lunched here with friends
Could not make a Margarita( in a Caribbean restaurant)
Food only fair to poor
Had the fried Snapper, dry, rice cold

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was driving around the area and saw this nice place which was definitely inviting so I planned a visit. The Caribbean ambiance is great as well as the food. I certainly recommend this restaurant.